Massive X: Requests

Options
M.Ocheri
M.Ocheri Member Posts: 3 Member

Hello

not long ago I thought to limit myself to work with a few tools and focus on some basic synth and plugins, Massive X crossed my mind and I was thinking here that Massive X is one of the most underrated and wonderful synths out there and have some features can uplift it.

I would like to suggest some basic features if I may :

1. Undo/Redo
  2. Saving Performer programming as a pretest\ template to use with other presets. ( this request was already suggested by @Itai).
  3. Double-click on the mouse on the master volume to normalize it at 0.00 db
  4. to number the three performers on the Remote Octave Overview

hope it not nit·pick to much to anyone :)

wondering what other Massive X users suggesting as well...

Tagged:

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    Options

Being able to save your own presets to user banks is still at the top of my FR list

Poly aftertouch too

• Simon A. Billington
    Simon A. Billington Member Posts: 53 Member
    Options

I can go for these more changes too, they'd be extremely helpful.

Of course there is also the matter of custom wavetables, but I think that one has been suggested many times already.

• Splicer
    Splicer Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Good luck with any of that. The Chief Product Officer didn't even mention Massive X in his recent statement and the synth hasn't had any substantial fixes or improvements for ages. I'm assuming the synth has been left to rot. Please prove me wrong, NI.

• Kymeia
    Options

Yeah I mentioned that in the thread but didn't get a response

• M.Ocheri
    M.Ocheri Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Yeah I was looking for some Massive X statements too…bummer 😰

• Simon A. Billington
    Options

I don't think they would drop it after putting so much time, energy and investment into it and the fact that it's not that old. Products like Absynth I could see it happening to. I just don't think it got a mention because it's not the most immediate part of their plan.

But anything can still happen.

• Kymeia
    edited April 1
    Options

The problem is they have made it impossible for third party sound designers to create their own banks. Every third party or user patch just gets lost in a huge formless list of user patches. So there is little motivation for users or sound designers to create and sell or share their own banks, which means there is nowhere near the same level of energy in the user and sound design community for creating new banks for what is otherwise a great synth. NI seem to think everyone will just make do with the banks they create, but I think the lack of interest means even they seem to have dried up and the last few tbh were pretty mediocre.

There is now a third party tool for creating banks in Massive X but Mac only and it probably came too late, people have moved onto more actively developed products like Phaseplant and Pigments (which seems to have dozens of really high quality banks for it) even though sonically Massive X is amongst the best NI have just not promoted it at all well or built up the sort of third party community and interest that ensured Massive’s success.

• DS99
    DS99 Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

@Kymeia Absoluteley true.

It's very disappointing how customers are being treated, because Massive X was announced as the new "flagship synthesizer". No matter what reason NI gives, almost nothing productive in terms of features has been implemented since the release of Massive X - let alone fixing the bugs. As a fan of NI and their old flagship products such as Massive, Absynth, FM8, one can only conclude: Back then there was great support and real development. Today it's a standstill. It would be nice if this changed again and NI thought of its customers who invest a considerable amount of money. The same also applies to the Komplete Kontrol software, which many users relied on and MKI keyboards are no longer supported! Here, too, practically nothing has been improved for years.

• Vfold
    Vfold Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

And they still claim on their website “MASSIVE X will grow, adapt, and evolve with regular free updates”…

• Simon A. Billington
    edited April 9
    Options

Yeah, agreed. Although much of that relates to people wanting to brand their stuff so they van do a little "chest beating". Not everyone is like that, but there is a lot or narcissism mixed up in there, especially if the designers are coming from an EDM background. Not everyone of course.

I do agree, though, that being able to create collections can make finding the type of sound you're after a lot easier because they act as a kind of search filter in themselves.

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 189 Advisor
    edited April 12
    Options

Add Wavetable Import and Wavetable Editor to the list.

This product is so unfinished for the era it released in.

The market was too saturated for that. They should have just never released it at all and kept it cooking for another couple of years.

Had to bait them impulse upgrades and sweeten the next Komplete bundle, though!

Product is basically in the same position as MASSIVE, FM8 and REAKTOR. Since it cannot really sell itself on its own merits, it's relegated to Bundleware, which is going to affect how they decide to devote resources to developing and maintaining it moving forwards.

Such a shame. Product was basically sabotaged from the get go. It never really had a chance.

The reviews were scathing and will be there to remind anyone thinking about buying it when they search for information about it pretty much anywhere. Most of them are still almost completely relevant to this day, which REALLY isn't helpful, now that it's been out a couple/few years. Just reinforces how lazy NI have been about [not] improving it.

• Simon A. Billington
    Options

I don't know if it's as much about laziness as it is getting distracted by a big company merger and ending up with whole bunch of new priorities as a result.

You can see, though, every other week they have updates to Access or old products so it seems like they are trying to get back on track this year. Sure there are new products, but much of it is 3rd party, so not really an NI thing.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 451 Guru
    Options

Navigating preset browser with keyboard and loading patches with Return key.

• DS99
    DS99 Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Sustain pedal bug, one of the worst bugs for years and commented a hundred times...

It would also be nice if you could save the performer envelopes and load these presets again. This is a major shortcoming. The same applies to the individual sections such as OSCs, filters, ENVs and LFOs.

• Kymeia
    Options

Really needs to be fully compatible with MkIII keyboards