upgrade question

Options
andrewfez
andrewfez Member Posts: 8 Member

Hello,

I've been using the free Kontakt player on DP11 with the Spitfire Symphony Complete library.

However the harp in the library needs the full Kontakt to work.

I'm halfway through a project. If I upgrade to Kontakt 7 will my project still be able to load okay?

Like is Digital Performer not going to be able to find the free player anymore and give me 'error loading' messages (since it retrieves the instances I've created for the project when it first loads)?

Also I'm see people complaining of crashes with Cubase when upgrading to the latest 7 version. Anybody have success with DP11 and Kontakt 7?

Thanks,

Andrew Fez

Tagged:

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,308 Expert
    edited March 3 Answer ✓
    Options

To answer your question: moving from Player to Full version SHOULD not give you that kind of issues.

The problem is I had to write SHOULD in capital letters, because…will it work as intended? Lately not everything is working flawlessly

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,943 Guru
    Options

I am pretty sure that you need to upgrade to kontakt 7 if that is the issue.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,943 Guru
    Options

Of course, if you have any original product you bought from Native Instruments, you can probably buy Kontakt 7 for a cheaper price.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,308 Expert
    edited March 3 Answer ✓
    Options

To answer your question: moving from Player to Full version SHOULD not give you that kind of issues.

The problem is I had to write SHOULD in capital letters, because…will it work as intended? Lately not everything is working flawlessly

• andrewfez
    andrewfez Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Thanks everyone. It did indeed work out okay.

Spitfire reworked their symphonic library into an all inclusive package.

So when I activated full kontakt, i wasn't able to see the harp. But I could still sift through the files and load it okay. I just don't have the fancy rack graphics.