can I get a refund because I have Catalina and Kontakt 7 will not work?

Options
Tony Russell
Tony Russell Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

can I use an older version on Catalina?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,237 mod
    Options

Usually download sales aren't refunded, but it's always worth putting in a support request. You can do that from here - Purchase & Account – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

• Tony Russell
    Tony Russell Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

can I download Kontakt 6 ? since I already paid for 7? I run OS Catalina

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,237 mod
    Options

I don't think so as they're separate products. You need to contact support, or maybe @Jeremy_NI can help when he's online next.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,004 Guru
    Options

Unfortunately - you are not entitled to access every prior version of a product simply because you bought the latest version.

And it goes without saying that you probably should have checked the system requirements before you purchased K7.

You could also consider the most logical thing and upgrade your OS first - problem solved.

Finally - K6 is now retired and is no longer available for purchase. And - many of the original libraries from NI that went with it - have now been updated to only work in K7.

K6 is a dead end regardless how you you want to frame it.

VP

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,837 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Tony Russell If you go to our Mac Compatibility article you will find a version of Kontakt 7 compatible with Catalina (7.3.2) and it's installer to download: Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS