How to Hold the Key

Options
A1d
A1d Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited March 28 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi all,

I've got on Kontrol s61 playing Massive X in Komplete Kontrol.

How to make Kontrol or Komplete Kontrol hold a key?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    edited February 28
    Options

Don't move your finger? 😅

I'm kidding of course.

The only hold feature built-in to the keyboard is accessed via Play Assist -> Arp -> Hold. But I don't think that's what you're looking for. There's a single note repeat function that will keep playing the same note over and over again. You can kinda game the system by setting the rate to really slow, but it's just going to sound like you are hitting the note over and over again. You can also adjust the rate to super fast, but that produces some funky sounds.

I'm not sure if there's something in Massive X specifically that will do it. I took a peak in the manual and didn't see much.

Only other thing I can think of would be to use a sustain pedal? Perhaps you could remap the mod/pitch/touch strip to sustain instead of having to use a pedal?

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,146 Guru
    Options

@A1d do you mean that you want the music to be in a certain musical key (i.e. F Major, B Minor etc)?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@A1d Any feedback? Some people offered their help, would be nice to get back ;)

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 468 Pro
    Options

He can't...he's afraid to lift his finger off that key....

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,146 Guru
    Options

All lines are busy. Please hold. 😅

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

This discussion has been closed.