MK3 erase button rewinding Logic.

Options
Sharkus9
Sharkus9 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

I am pretty new to maschine and have set it all up so it works as it should re: install notes etc.

Transport control works nicely with Logic Pro, but when I press 'erase' to remove a wrongly played event or events .. logic pro rewinds. So the erase button basically rewinds. I have tried reading about this online and for the life of me I cannot find a fix.

Please someone help.

thank you .

Best Answers

Answers

• Sharkus9
    Options

When I disconnect host transport control, it behaves normally.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 642 Pro
    edited February 28
    Options

whats occurring with respect to having "host transport control" box ticked

is that when its ticked... the midi/CC value thats assigned to the "ERASE" button in the controller editor is also likely assigned in one of the actions within the DAW.... essentially it is pairing the button to the action of the DAW & Maschineplugin....

this can be beneficial when using DAW and Maschine plugin. in some circumstances... as you have a dual assigned button, which can be useful in some situations!

i would guess that you a running another midi controller with the assigned rewind to that CC value which is assigned to the Maschine "ERASE" button, could also be a conflict of a mackie device thats connected

if its a mackie device causing the conflict then you are forced to change the CC inside NI's controller editor... as the MackieControlUnits. are fixed CC assignments

• Sharkus9
    Options

Hey, thank you. I thought this could be the thing, but... when I remove the CC from the mk3 (inside controller editor), the erase button stops working altogether. Yes, no more rewind. Also, when I leave the CC as it was, it doesn't erase anyway, which it should do (as well as rewinding of course)

what do you think?

• 6xes
    Options

in the NI controller editor... you will notice the green outline around certain buttons, when the "host transport control is ticked...

they can be used as dual assigned buttons.... a little careful thought into what actions to assign them with for your workflow can be useful!

• Sharkus9
    Options

ok, great - thank you for your knowledge! but how can I stop this happening, and keep transport functions. It seems that when the transport functions is enabled the erase button stops working on the MK3 itself also. and this should not be happening should it?

You help is greatly appreciated.

• 6xes
    Options

you would assign the play button CC and make it correspond to the play action inside the DAW by assigning it within the DAW. the CC number must match... test with toggle or trigger inside NI control editor...

as you will need to consider whether it will be just a "play" assignment or a play stop assignment etc

• 6xes
    Options

the functionality of the host transport give priority to the host vs maschine... so in the case of the Erase button that would be disabled in maschine... unsure if there is a keyboard shortcut which could be used as an alternative for maschine

• 6xes
    Options

with respect to why the play button works... as opposed to the ERASE button...

is that while in maschine plugin mode... the transport controls are effectively given over to the host and would need to be reassigned as i mentioned above

• 6xes
    Options

btw there are shortcut keys for maschine... just search youtube... or search on this forum for them

• Sharkus9
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your help with this!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

You cannot have both Host Transport Control and still have the same buttons control Maschine-Plugin; it's either one option or the other, unless you want to keep switching in Controller Editor.

• Sharkus9
    Options

ok, great thank you - both.