I want to wipe out my computer and reinstall windows. How do I move the purchased piano samples?

Options
stephen314
stephen314 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I just need to start over so I want to move piano samples to the same computer after wiping the computer and reinstalling windows 10.

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,018 mod
    edited February 28 Answer ✓
    Options

You can see your 'Content' location in the File Management section of Settings in Native Access.

Further more when using Native Access app then in interface there are three little dots down right of product picture, when you click there then you can see Installation paths for product ! If your library is a third party library installed by using a third party installer and the using 'Locate' in Native Access then it might work to copy the library. But if it is a Native Instruments library then to my knowledge then locate for N.I. products at the moment only works if already installed. It's in the works though to be able to just copy your N.I. libraries and then be able to reuse without a complete re-download on a new setup. But for now then if it is N.I. libraries that you are referring to then I think that you would have to reinstall the lot if you start over fresh on a new installation.

Incidentally then if you have some stuff of other makes that require activation and has a limited number of activation then in some cases it can be beneficial to deactivate licenses prior to wiping your PC and starting over.. Also , if you have any hardware upgrades planned then you could also do those when machine is off before a re-install !

Answers

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 846 Guru
    Options

Can you explain a little more regarding "piano samples" are these a collection of audio files you've recorded? An NI library, a 3rd party library?

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,018 mod
    edited February 28 Answer ✓
    Options

You can see your 'Content' location in the File Management section of Settings in Native Access.

Further more when using Native Access app then in interface there are three little dots down right of product picture, when you click there then you can see Installation paths for product ! If your library is a third party library installed by using a third party installer and the using 'Locate' in Native Access then it might work to copy the library. But if it is a Native Instruments library then to my knowledge then locate for N.I. products at the moment only works if already installed. It's in the works though to be able to just copy your N.I. libraries and then be able to reuse without a complete re-download on a new setup. But for now then if it is N.I. libraries that you are referring to then I think that you would have to reinstall the lot if you start over fresh on a new installation.

Incidentally then if you have some stuff of other makes that require activation and has a limited number of activation then in some cases it can be beneficial to deactivate licenses prior to wiping your PC and starting over.. Also , if you have any hardware upgrades planned then you could also do those when machine is off before a re-install !