Problem wit the komplete kontrol update, having issues with Cubase and Kontakt tracks

Options
HFH-Hardy
HFH-Hardy Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited February 29 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi there, today I updated komplete kontrol. Since then I can no longer dublicate komplete kontrol-track in my Cubase 13 pro. Before the update everything worked fine. Kontak 7-tracks are dublicated. How can this problem be solved? Best wishes Hardy.

Answers

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Options

What do you mean by "duplicated"?

If you want to duplicate a track in cubase, you just right click it and choose "duplicate", right?

If it's something else you're trying to explain, you'll have to give us more information.

• HFH-Hardy
    Options

I tried to duplicated a komplete kontrol-track using the right-click function. The program Cubase then closed immediately after I did that click. This never happend before I updated komplete kontrol.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@HFH-Hardy What's your operating system?

• HFH-Hardy
    Options

It's Windows 10.

• BIF
    Options

@Jeremy_NI, thank you for noticing this and jumping in. I'll let you drive this bus now. 😉

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@HFH-Hardy I've contacted you by email regarding this, my colleagues will need to have a deeper look.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@BIF Thanks!

• BIF
    Options

Well played, @Jeremy_NI , ahaha. The bus that should have had wings!

• Norbert Bleuel
    Norbert Bleuel Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited February 28
    Options

Hello

I have a keyboard - Komplete Control S61 mk3 - brand new, and when playing with Komplete Control I get a message: Your Version of Kontakt is top old to lead this file. Please update to the latest Version. Where can I get this update.

Thank you for your effort

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,279 mod
    Options

Most likely you've updated a lot of the libraries to the latest version. Most of these require at least Kontakt 7.6 or higher. If you don't have Kontakt 7 you can download older versions of the libraries from here - Previous versions of recently updated Kontakt libraries / compatibility with K6 older libraries — Community (native-instruments.com)

• HFH-Hardy
    Options

I have the latest version of Kontakt 7. And it is working fine with kontakt 7. The problem occurs only if I use the latest version of Komplete Kontrol, but not if I used an older version (which now is replaced by the latest version).

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,325 mod
    edited February 29
    Options

Have you tried to reset the Komplete Kontrol database ? : Reinitializing the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database : https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209554889-My-Komplete-Kontrol-Browser-is-Empty-or-Incomplete

Else sounds to me as a problem of an older version of Kontakt or Kontakt Player opening instead of K7. It's also possible that there is something in the DAW that needs resetting but I know next to nothing about DAWS so if that is the case then that one is for Jeremy_NI !

Prior to use N.I. apps in a DAW then always at least once open the stand alone app !

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,279 mod
    Options

Just to clarify - are you using Komplete Kontrol standalone or in a DAW as PoorFellow is assuming?

Either way, check the Komplete Kontrol options and make sure "use latest version of NI plugins" is ticked. If you have K7 player installed make sure that's up to date too. The latest Kontakt 7 is 7.8.1.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@HFH-Hardy You never replied to my email. Did you manage to fix the issue?