Can I turn off the advertising at the bottom of the program I've paid thousands for?

Options
Dichwasher
Dichwasher Member Posts: 18 Member

I noticed with the update I received in Native Access for Kontakt that I now have a "New instruments for you" bar at then bottom of my VST Engine.

I would like to be able to hide this or remove it. I dont think its fair I have to be subjected to corporate marketing through a program I paid so much money for.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    edited February 26 Answer ✓
    Options

You're in the menu for a specific instrument. You need to go into the main options for Kontakt itself

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,227 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Dichwasher Just to check - you're on the latest version of Kontakt, and NOT Kontakt Player? If you're not on Kontakt Player what version of Kontakt are you using? It should be 7.8.1 The preference to disable the "New Instruments" pane was added in 7.7.1 on Nov 21st last year.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 988 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Dichwasher

"My full version is Kontakt 6, but it doesn't let me use it because when I go to use vsts in it I get a message from Native Instruments saying I have to use the newer software to access them. Like a pay wall on my previously paid for software"

This is not a "paywall" - this is you trying to access some much newer K7 libraries (downloaded without reading the Release Notes within Native Access I might add) - that now require a very specific version of K7 - that overwrote these older version of these libraries that opened fine with K6.

See this thread to download the older versions that should get you back in shape with K6.

Previous versions of recently updated Kontakt libraries / compatibility with K6 older libraries — Community (native-instruments.com)

Bottom line - if you are intent on staying on K6 - you would be wise to stay far away from Native Access - as it is now is ONLY serving up versions of these libraries that require K7.6.x (and higher)

VP

Answers

• mykejb
    Options

In the "Options" settings for Kontakt you can enable/disable the "New Instruments for you" panel using the tickbox at the bottom of the "Interface" page.

• Dichwasher
    Options

It doesn't offer that. I feel its pretty obvious I would have checked the settings area.

• mykejb
    Options

Are you running full Kontakt or Kontakt Player? You can't turn it off in the Player version as it's free.

• reffahcs
    edited February 26 Answer ✓
    Options

You're in the menu for a specific instrument. You need to go into the main options for Kontakt itself

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,790 mod
    Options
  • mykejb
    edited February 26
    Options

I thought I saw it on the forums at one point saying it hadn't been done in the Player. I'll download it and see.

EDIT - just tried this. The option to turn off the "For You" panel definitely isn't present in the Player version

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,156 Guru
    Options

Thousands? Kontakt costs 461 Canadian Dollars*

(I see from his SoundCloud page that he's in Canada)

*converted from current full UK price using XE

• Kymeia
    Options

Thanks - I thought I read you still could but evidently it's my memory at fault :)

• Dichwasher
    Options

"You're in the menu for a specific instrument. You need to go into the main options for Kontakt itself"

No, not in a instrument in Kontakt. In a fresh open of Kontakt 7, no option. I am on PC while your image is from a Macintosh, so different scenarios unfortunatly.

No version of Kontakt I open has the option to turn it off. Everything is updated.

All clean installations, on a clean system. Should be zero issues unless its developer related.

• Kymeia
    Options

You probably need to open settings in the standalone app not the plugin

• mykejb
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Dichwasher Just to check - you're on the latest version of Kontakt, and NOT Kontakt Player? If you're not on Kontakt Player what version of Kontakt are you using? It should be 7.8.1 The preference to disable the "New Instruments" pane was added in 7.7.1 on Nov 21st last year.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 988 Guru
    edited February 26
    Options

@Dichwasher

Compared your screencap with my Kontakt 7 (full) on Windows - you are missing at least three or 4 options on your Settings page vs mine so your screencap must be Player - where the ads cannot be turned off.

VP

• mykejb
    Options

Yeah I saw those bits missing too. I think the missing MIDI/Audio settings might be because the settings were being changed inside a DAW. On my Player options you see them at the bottom, but the "disable" option still isn't there.

• reffahcs
    Options

You're right. I didn't look close enough at the screenshot you posted.

• Dichwasher
    edited February 27
    Options

It is Kontakt 7 Player. I have to use the player version so I can use my Kontrol s61 MK3. I have Kontakt full but nothing comes up on the keyboard when you open it. Only with Kontakt 7 player and Komplete Kontrol.

I have Komplete collectors edition purchased.