Native Access Locate instead of Install

Options
Salto
Salto Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I'm unable to install couple Instruments (VI.ONE and Acoustic Legends) because in the Native Access instead of 'Install' it shows 'Locate'. I had these Instruments installed on my old laptop but never on the new one. I'm assuming Native Access still finds them in my new laptop??? Please help

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,931 mod
    Options

Have you tried something simple like a log out of Native Access and then reboot computer and log-in again ?

Also some people have experienced some problems if content location setting is not above the library folder you are installing...

Otherwise please give computer type and exact specifications , OS version and version of all used software , e.g. Native Access !

• Salto
    Options

Thank you for your help. I have the Komplete 14 Standard which allows me to download everything to my laptop from the Native Access. The only two Instruments that I can't download (because the button says Locate) are the two instruments that I've purchased many years ago. I even tried imputing the old serial numbers in the Native Access but it hasn't changed anything.

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    Options

Did you install the NI software from scratch on your new laptop, or did you restore it from a backup of your old machine?

Usually Native Access will say locate instead of install when part of NA thinks the software is installed but can't find the actual files. Do you have an option that says Installation Paths?

• Salto
    Options

No, that only shows 'Release Notes'. I installed the NI software from scratch on the new laptop.

• reffahcs
    Options
  • reffahcs
    Answer ✓
    Options

A lot of 3rd party libraries won't install from NA directly. Here's the howto from the vendor's website.