Kontakt - Instruments missing in library view AND being put in demo mode?

Options
Anthony H
Anthony H Member Posts: 29 Member
edited February 20 in Kontakt

Hi

Running into 3 problems with Kontakt (7.8.0)

1. Whether opening standalone or in DAW, it loads in an unlicenced/unactivated/demo mode until I click activate and open Native Access which requires internet connection which I don't always have - nonetheless the license is already activated.
  2. Out of ~47 currently installed instruments, only about 30 are appearing in the Library browser. This is from one minute to the next. Where it's an instrument I've recently used, it can be found in File>Load Recent... and loaded without a problem. This is not a "missing content" error. I can load the instrument(s) by File>Load... and finding the nki in its folder. No folders have been moved. Libraries are on an external drive.
  3. Content for a 3rd party instrument (I only have 1 installed at the moment) is always "missing" and needs to be located every time it's loaded. i.e. Kontakt is not updating the file locations for this instrument

Anyone else experiencing these issues? This behaviour is as of yesterday, can't figure it out. Update to 7.8.0 was 2 weeks ago and no problems at that time.

Thanks

Anthony

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,849 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Anthony H For the demo issue, please check this article: My Products Are Showing As DEMO in Native Access

Also make sure to give full disk access to Kontakt, Native Access and your DAW: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

For the missing libraries in the browser try to reset Kontakt's database:

Reinitialize the Kontakt Database

1. Hold down the alt key on your computer's keyboard and click Go in the Finder menu bar. Choose the appearing Library entry in the drop-down menu.
    1. Navigate to Application Support > Native Instruments.
    2. Depending on the Kontakt version you are using, delete the following folder:
    3. Kontakt 5: "Kontakt 5"
    4. Kontakt 6: "Kontakt"
    5. Kontakt 7: "Kontakt 7"
    6. Start Kontakt as a standalone application (not in your DAW)

Answers

• Anthony H
    Options

Edit: have updated to 7.8.1 - no difference. Anyone? Will open a support ticket now cos this needs to be solved.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Anthony H For the demo issue, please check this article: My Products Are Showing As DEMO in Native Access

Also make sure to give full disk access to Kontakt, Native Access and your DAW: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

For the missing libraries in the browser try to reset Kontakt's database:

Reinitialize the Kontakt Database

1. Hold down the alt key on your computer's keyboard and click Go in the Finder menu bar. Choose the appearing Library entry in the drop-down menu.
    1. Navigate to Application Support > Native Instruments.
    2. Depending on the Kontakt version you are using, delete the following folder:
    3. Kontakt 5: "Kontakt 5"
    4. Kontakt 6: "Kontakt"
    5. Kontakt 7: "Kontakt 7"
    6. Start Kontakt as a standalone application (not in your DAW)

• Anthony H
    Options

Thanks Jeremy - that "reset" method worked. Any idea what caused the problem & how to avoid the same happening again?

"For the demo issue, please check this article: My Products Are Showing As DEMO in Native Access

Also make sure to give full disk access to Kontakt, Native Access and your DAW: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS"

Kontakt isn't appearing as demo within Native Access - it opens in demo mode when loading a new instance into the DAW as well as standalone mode. SOMETIMES. Not always, and not in the last couple weeks (I've been away)

All permissions have been given.

• marcocapri7
    marcocapri7 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

hello guys

I wanted to connect in the community for the problem I am having with the spitfire Albion ONE library.

I installed everything correctly and entered the serial number on native instruments.

opening kontakt 7 full version the library doesn't show up, and if i load it with other steps it says DEMO, as well as not playing.

i have done a thousand trials to solve the problem. i am waiting for support from NI and spitfire as well.

could you please help me?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@marcocapri7 I'm afraid it's an issue with the latest version(s) of Native Access. My colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.

• zassimo
    zassimo Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Travelled an hour with a songwriter to get to my studio to find this error.

Are you serious NI that after updating we have this error where everything now is in demo mode, not showing up, errors everywhere?

Couldn't be more pissed off today, seriously.

Continuous errors after continuous errors with NI. With such a big team and tons of money, some people in the dev team need firing