Offline Iicense? Komplete Kontrol

Options
ZMaslanik
ZMaslanik Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
Hello, I noticed on pg. 46 of the Komplete Kontrol setup manual it says the following

"10.3 Activating Your Product Offline
If the computer you want to use Native Instruments products on is permanently not connected
to the internet, you can activate the products utilizing the Offline activation procedure. Note
that you will need a second computer that is connected to the internet."

Is this still true? I heard that you are not able to license the virtual instruments offline, but is this only for the keyboard?

I ask due to the fact that I work in an offline environment and the computer this would be connected to can not connect to the internet.

Thank you for your help.

Zach

Best Answer

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 378 Pro
    edited February 17 Answer ✓
    Options

No, you can use it as a generic MIDI controller, of course.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,807 Expert
    Options

No, offline authorisation is not possible. It used to be possible with Service Center, the precedesor of Native Access.

Maybe in future, NI considers to add offline, but if and when... Nobody knows....

• ZMaslanik
    ZMaslanik Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options
    Hi Kubrak, so the kontrol S keyboard can not be used on an offline computer? if I were to plug it in essentially, it would not do anything?
  • chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 378 Pro
    edited February 17 Answer ✓
    Options

No, you can use it as a generic MIDI controller, of course.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,807 Expert
    Options

@ZMaslanik I think that you may use S keyboard on offline computer. I guess you may download the drivers from NI pages and also Komplete Kontrol. At least older version, which is anyway better. And those do not need authorisation AFAIK.

So, I guess you could even use NKS features of NI Keyboard for plugins that do not need online authorisation.

Otherwise, in any case you could use NI keyboard as generic MIDI keyboard.....