Only Kontakt 6 player appears in my DAW when I can open a full version in standalone

Jay Moo
Jay Moo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Hey guys, I have stand alone Kontakt 6 and in my daw (Cakewalk) kontakt 6 player. Can someone tell me how to add Kontakt 6 into my daw? This is a new build and both of them were in the daw in old build, but i must did something wrong in the reinstall, please tell what i did or miss a step,Jay

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

Are the subversion numbers matching (top left corner of the splash screen)?

At any rate, maybe a complete reinstall of Kontakt would help.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

maybe cakewalk does not see the kontakt.dll, first check if you can find the kontakt.dll, normally all vst.dlls are in one folder but in your case maybe not (you can check the install folder in native access settings). Then you can add this folder in cakewalk settings, that it looks also there for vsts, better you copy all in one folder and just use one folder for vst64 bit, one for vst32 bit, the one for vst3 is normally set correctly and you should not change it.

Uwe

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

I now see cakewalk supports vst3 so it should see kontakt, do you have the latest kontakt version and do you have this folder under "program files\common files\vst3" or like that? There are all vst3 plugins installed

• EvilDragon

Which version number do you see when you click the KONTAKT logo in top left in standalone, vs plugin in Cakewalk?

• Jay Moo
    Jay Moo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

It Shows Kontakt 6

• EvilDragon
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

Are the subversion numbers matching (top left corner of the splash screen)?

At any rate, maybe a complete reinstall of Kontakt would help.