In Studio One Komplete Kontrol keeps saying Update Required

Options
13»

Comments

• Xtreme
    Xtreme Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I'm experiencing the same as well, Studio One 6.5.2 on Windows 11 Pro. I have had this issue for a while and NI said no one had this issue except me in the past. I had even re-installed Windows 11 from scratch with only installing Studio one, Komplete Kontrol 3.2, and my Kontrol S61 mk3. Same results as Megatim had mentioned in his post . I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed yet. Good to see it's finally getting some others complaining of this same issue. Hope we see a fix soon.

• Ongey
    Ongey Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Hi Xtreme, well you're not alone (and it's not acceptable that you were told otherwise). NI have acknowledged and tracked down the bug. I'm sure all will be resolved. In the meantime, try working with Kontakt 7, that's ok for me, although you don't get the features of KK, and can only work with Kontakt instruments.

On a brighter note, I'm relatively new to S1 and really am enjoying some of its 'traditional' music composition features, such as the Chord track, music score, tempo & key signature changes etc. And despite the problems, my KK S61 MK3 keyboard works fairly well in DAW mode. All good stuff!

• FelixP
    FelixP Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

We released yesterday a hotfix, version 3.2.1 that fixes the reported issue.

Many thanks for the detailed reports. Those helped us to localise the issue.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

• Megatim
    Megatim Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Thank you very much for the fix, I can confirm it is working! Amazing news! @FelixP just one question: since I am experiencing the same issue with Kontakt 7 as well, I am curious if this fix will be ported to Kontakt 7?

Anyway, thanks again, I am very happy now :)

• FelixP
    FelixP Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

The fix is available for Kontakt as well, but I don't know anything about their release schedule. I will send them a notice that this issue appears in Kontakt too.

• Megatim
    Options

Thank you very much FelixP, good to hear!

• Ongey
    Ongey Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Thanks Felix, I've tried it and seems to work. Please pass on my gratitude to the NI developers.

I have a post on this subject on the PreSonus forums, I will post an update.

Regards, Neil.

• Jonas Denolf
    Jonas Denolf Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Thank you so much to the whole NI team & Felix!

-Jonas

• Jonas Denolf
    Jonas Denolf Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Can confirm it works -

Thank you so much to the entire NI team & Felix-

-Jonas

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 631 Pro
    Options

@Megatim and @Ongey

Just giving you both a heads' up that Kontakt 7 did get updated last week. Check Native Access for the update. I believe it's version 7.9.0 now.

• Megatim
    Options

@BIF Thanks for sharing the info. I already updated Kontakt to the newest Version, but unfortunately that did not fix the issue on my end.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 631 Pro
    Options

@Megatim

Hmmm.....I'm going to guess that "something" is not running the version you think it's running. What, I don't know.

I had a similar issue, and I found out that it was because I had multiple VST folders containing their own version of some product...for example Arturia. So I would update Arturia instruments with their portal downloader/installer, and it would load the old version in Cubase or Live (I can't remember which). It turned out that THAT DAW had both folders listed in the VST2 concatenation. It was a case of the user (me) shooting himself in the foot.

This is one area that should become a non-issue as the industry continues to move away from VST2 and to VST3. But for now it can still be an issue from time to time.

So maybe check that?

Also, some programs can get installed into a different folder than they used to, and you might not realize it.

For example, in the 32 Bit days, everything would default to C:/Program Files, then when 64 Bit came along, C:/Program Files was used for 64 bit code, and C:/Program Files (x86) was created for 32 Bit code.

Well, I had provided an Apps drive partition, which for me was "F:". So I had the above folders, but on the F partition, and every time I installed something, I had to remember to change "C:" to "F:". Invariably, I would forget to do this, and so now I would have Arturia (for example) on C: AND on F:.

And then one day, installers started installing to C:/Program Data.

I just haven't kept up with the standards, so now I have some messes on my main system. It bites me good, but rarely. If I ever rebuild this PC from scratch, everything's just going to be installed to C: But it's not so bad that I feel like I need to rebuild everything urgently.

TLDR: I outsmarted myself by trying to split windows and applications executables between two different drive partitions. It worked okay for a few years, but now it's a mess that I occasionally have to debug.

Maybe that can give you some ideas where to look?