Traktor 2024 outlook

Options

Comments

• Scott Frost
    Scott Frost Member Posts: 36 Helper
    Options

What is up with traktor for iPad? Is it abandoned?

• TurnedTables
    TurnedTables Member Posts: 33 Helper
    Options

Nice to hear from you Friedemann_NI but you've not really told us anything new since the last update.

Personally, I would rather you held off on vague comms and only announce something imminent, like a new beta within the next two weeks, for example.

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 111 Advisor
    Options

Tidal is the Best quality, I really hope they integrate it

• michaelk86
    michaelk86 Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Yes, new features are long overdue.. however I am still very concerned about the stability of your software with Apple silicon. Traktor audio froze on me yet again mid set last night, requiring a force quit and restart. This is just embarrassing! The same issue has happened to a couple of other DJs I know and I've seen the same reports online. When will this finally be addressed?

I love some of the great features that the Traktor software offers over Rekordbox, but I am currently investigating Pioneer controllers and preparing to make the switch if necessary.

• Cloony
    Cloony Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Thanks for the information 🙏🏼 what about celebrating 22years of traktor this year and release the 20years limited coloursways for the mass , new timecode vinyls would be so appreciated and the green and purple ones looked so dope 🙏🏼

• OliverGross
    OliverGross Member Posts: 39 Helper
    Options

Hi @michaelk86

can you please tell me your specs?

Are you using 3.11 and is it an M1 or M2?

I‘m really concerned about it if this bug is still present. I have played now two times with enabled setting Loading only into stopped deck and didn‘t get a crash. I was hoping they fixed this now.

Thank you Michael!

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    Options

Sometimes I envy the freedom NI workers have.

Imagine that at your working place you and another guy are doing the same work. The other guy delivers the work done after one week it has been requested. You…when your boss asks you “how is it going?” You answer “I’m researching it” and then, months later, “yeah…I’m working on it”…

Guess how it will all end…

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,805 Expert
    edited February 18
    Options

SW projects are in many aspects comparable to nuclear power plant construction. It takes several times more time and costs fortune.....

If I estimate time needed, I make the estimate, double it and it still takes much more..... I have finished a project that has been 3/4 year overdue. The customer's manager called me at the end and thanked me that everything went so smoothly and they are very satisfied. And offered me to pay some extra money because it took more time. According to contract it was me who should pay penalty for beinng late.....

So, things are as they are. Everyone is happy, if it is over and things work. Shedule and cost, are not so important....

The same lik nuclear power plants. Everyone is happy if it is finaly completed and working fine.

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 243 Pro
    edited February 18
    Options

Kinda good(‘ish) news, I suppose?

I’m certainly grateful for the engagement. 👍🏻

The stems separation thing is BIG. Pulling together all of the Traktor features (Remix Decks, Pattern Sequencer, Stems Decks…), and, having really tight integration between them is gonna be si damn exciting!

Can you imagine splitting a track that is playing on Deck A to a single Stems Deck on Deck C, then, slicing the drums (or, a melody part? Notes pitched up/down?) to the Pattern Sequencer on Deck D???

TRUE on the fly remixing is just around the corner (we hope! 🤞🏻) my fellow Traktor DJ’s!!!

I might be biased, but, this could seriously pump Traktors popularity.

Serato: For the scratchers

Rekordbox: For the clubs/for the mixers

Traktor: For the PROPER creative DJ’s

• Scratch-E Con
    Scratch-E Con Member Posts: 89 Advisor
    Options

Turntablists are the most skilled and creative DJs. By far.

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 243 Pro
    Options

Agreed. But they build scratch sentences in a DAW and rehearse the hell out of that ******. 👌🏻

• Hirschie
    Hirschie Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

mee too. But i am not really happy with it. Rekordbox is not as customizable as Traktor and miles away. And for the future you only can use Pioneer Controllers. Thats not an option for me. The only program that comes close, supports any controller and satisfies my needs is VirtualDJ. But mixing makes not fun like Traktor,its ok. I keep up with traktor at this moment and will wait this year what comes around .:-)

• michaelk86
    michaelk86 Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 18
    Options

I'm running 3.11.1 as of last week, M1 Pro with Sonoma OS (wish I hadn't updated to Sonoma yet), and S4 Mk3 controller. The glitch happened again after restarting my laptop just before the gig, only one or two other apps running and power connected. Loading into stopped deck was enabled, but it happens often at home without this setting enabled, I don't think it makes any difference.

And another annoying bug I noticed last night, my clock is no longer appearing!

Yes Traktor has a nicer UI and more customisable with it's settings than Rekordbox from what I can see. I generally only mix from track to track and use basic effects, with extensive use of looping. It seems that the looping function on Traktor is much easier to use with the two knobs rather than pads, but I have little experience with Pioneer controllers.

I'm impressed with the My Tag system in Rekordbox, makes for much better library management and finding suitable tracks on the fly. This is a big drawcard and NI should copy this feature ASAP!

• von Bordwehr
    von Bordwehr Member Posts: 104 Advisor
    Options

"Traktor has a nicer UI … than Rekordbox" – except that Rekordbox's interface is hi-res.

I agree about Rekordbox's tag system and library management though.

• psyh0x
    psyh0x Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

can you please the software for bugs before you release it ?

it happend to me few times that i updated - went to a gig and found a bug here a bug there

a crash here a crash there..

This discussion has been closed.