SPDIF input on Komplete Audio 6 broken sound

Options
tils
tils Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
I bought a bluetooth receiver to additionally connect my phone by bluetooth to my laptop. It has a SPDIF out in Coaxial and optical. I connected the coaxial to komplete auto input 5/6 but the sound is distorted. Maybe the clock source is not correct. I tried to change the windows Bitrate and 16/24 Bit settings of the output but either I here nothing or it is distorted.
Everything I found on the internet was pointing to the MK1 model and mentions the clock source, which seems to was configurable by the komplete audio panel. There is not such a setting in the new interface...
Any ideas how I can fix this problem?

Thanks and best regards
Michael
Tagged:

Answers

• tils
    Options
    I now tested two different other external devices with spdif out. An audio converter and a Yamaha 01X, which allows me to set the clock settings. No chance, in any combination the sound of Komplete Audio is broken over SPDIF In. Any other routing did work without noises or problems. I checked every output with headphones, the only broken one is the Komplete Audio.
    Maybe the spdif hardware on my Komplete Audio is broken...Everything else seems to work so this is strange.
    Have anyone of you a working SPDIF connection on an Audio 6?
  • Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

I do not have KA6, but if it is possible on KA6, SPDIF should be set as clock source. There may be only one clock source if connecting digital equipment. And KA6 cannot be clock source for BT device, most probably.

Also there are two types of SPDIF signal protocols Pro and Consumer. If possible set KA6 to Pro or Con depending what protocol BT device uses.

• tils
    Options
    Thanks a lot for your help. Unfortunately there is no way to set anything on the Komplete Audio Interface. There are only two setting in its "Control Panel": Samples ans "Safe Mode". Both are for latency. But the pro and consumer protocols may be the issue.