How to connect my Kontrol Mk2 S49 to my Scarlett 2i4 Audio Int

Options
Ally0000
Ally0000 Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi there, having a bit of trouble with connectivity. I want to connect my MK2 S49 to my Scarlett 2i4 Audio Interface which then connects to my Mac. This is how it's connected:-

From MK2 (Midi out) --> Scarlett 2i4 (Midi In)

Then from Scarlett 2i4 (USB Out) --> (iMac USB in)

The keyboard screens show a midi symbol (see attached) and I get audio from my speakers (which are connected to the audio interterface) but I get no transport controls or any ability to edit any sounds.

I'm probably being thick but if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Thank you

Best Answer

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    edited February 15 Answer ✓
    Options

Not sure why you would need to use the actual MIDI ports. And generally you do not need to connect any controller keyboard directly to your audio interface.

Just plug the MKII into the MAC via USB and (if the MKII drivers are installed correctly via Komplete Kontrol 2.9.6) you could be able to simply select the S49 as a MIDI controller in your DAW etc.

I have the S61 MKII here along with my trusty RME UCX-II and haven't had to reach for an actual MIDI (DIN) cable since way back in the mid 2000's when there was no concept of USB MIDI.

VP

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    edited February 15 Answer ✓
    Options

Not sure why you would need to use the actual MIDI ports. And generally you do not need to connect any controller keyboard directly to your audio interface.

Just plug the MKII into the MAC via USB and (if the MKII drivers are installed correctly via Komplete Kontrol 2.9.6) you could be able to simply select the S49 as a MIDI controller in your DAW etc.

I have the S61 MKII here along with my trusty RME UCX-II and haven't had to reach for an actual MIDI (DIN) cable since way back in the mid 2000's when there was no concept of USB MIDI.

VP