I have a license for Reaktor 5 but it does not appear in latest Native Access

Options
Gerry Carson
Gerry Carson Member Posts: 21 Member

I have recently upgraded Native Access to the latest version and my licence for Reaktor 5 is not appearing to allow me to download.

I have a Mac with Sonoma, which I know is not officially supported but it was all working (in Ableton) before I upgraded Native Access.

(The main reason I upgraded Native Access was because I had bought a Maschine Mikro which was not working properly so I upgraded everything but it turned out to be a hardware issue).

I now do not have access to all my instruments/ensembles in Reaktor 5. The library is still on my laptop and I have installed 6 Player and tried opening an ensemble, but this did not work.

Is there any way to access my previous Reaktor 5 instruments?

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

On my system, Win10, NA2 shows R5.

Maybe NA2 does not show R5 on your system because it is not supported by your OS. What about trying NA1?

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    edited February 14
    Options
  • Gerry Carson
    Options

@Sunborn

Thanks for your comment. Apologies for delay in replying - I have been offline for a few days.

I knew that it wasn't officially supported, but it was working before I updated Native Access.

I just wondered if there was any way to still use the Reaktor 5 library, as I have a lot of ensembles and synths I have collected over the years. When I try Reaktor 6 (player) I get the demo mode message (will only play for 30 minutes). I am reluctant to buy the upgrade from 5 to 6 as even 6 is not officially supported.

Maybe I just have to resign myself to the fact that I have lost these :-(

• Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 157 Advisor
    Options

Hi Gerry

I think you should contact NI support. It may take time and efforts, but they may fix your problem.

It's, for exemple, possible to uninstall NA2 and re-install NA1. Things like that...

Regarding compatibility, I run Sonoma on a M1 pro, and many NI plugins that are not supported work without much problems : for exemple Absynth, Kontakt 5... or obviously Reaktor 6.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    edited February 18
    Options

If you get a Reaktor 6 full license you can also use your Reaktor 5 library.

However there is no real need for this, since the Reaktor 6 Factory library, also includes everything (or almost everything) from Reaktor 5 library. Some ensembles as they was, some others updated, and of course lot of new one. Also, all older snapshots remain to the newer ensembles versions as well, so you won't miss something (at least 99.99%).

But just to be 100% sure, keep both libraries.

However, if you keep both libraries you will end up with lot of duplicate files! So, what i suggest is, to keep the Reaktor 5 library as it is, at first, then install Reaktor 6 library, then do a duplicate files search, and delete only the duplicates from R5 library. Later, you could also merge the 2 libraries, by copying the whatever remaining files from R5, to R6 directory. :-)

• Kubrak
    Options

I am not Mac user, but....

You could try to install R5 on Mac that has OS version that is supported by R5. And during installation process grabb the installation file and try to use it on your system. It works fine on Win, but it may be more tricky or impossible on Mac.

Mac users could tell....

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,791 mod
    edited February 18
    Options

On that subject , do we know if the 'update' downloads for e.g. Reaktor 5 require a previous version of Reaktor ? And if they contain e.g. the library mentioned ? At a glance it looks to me as the libraries might be there , e.g. the Reaktor_5_594U_PC download is a 2.1 GB after unpacking a couple of times !

• Kubrak
    edited February 18
    Options

It might work as well. And beside that, OP might have installation media for old version of R5. Or he could ask NI Support for it, when he has the licence....

• Gerry Carson
    Options

Thanks for all the comments and help.

I now have Reaktor 5 loaded but when I run it, I get the message that "the hardware has changed" and I need to reactivate with Service Centre - which has been replaced by Native Access, which does not show Reaktor 5 in the list of software :-(

I have my serial number (this is listed in my account online) so I will contact support and see if they can help.

In the meantime, at least I can run in demo mode for 30 minutes!

I will update once I speak to support.

• Kubrak
    Options

Try to enter R5 licence number to NA.

I have managed to install and authorise plugins that were not supported by system and that did not show in NA, on Win and using NA1. After I installed it manually it was authorised by running NA and since then it even started to show in NA.

Maybe that for Mac it works other way. Or NA2 does not work so....

• PoorFellow
    Options

Quote : "now have Reaktor 5 loaded"

Does that mean that you re-installed it ?

Quote: "Native Access, which does not show Reaktor 5 in the list of software"

Did you try to turn on 'Legacy products' in settings of Native Access which is a setting also in newest version of Native Access (which is your version ?)?

• Gerry Carson
    Options

I entered the serial in NA but it did nothing and still does not show up. I have "show legacy products" on in preferences. Perhaps this is related to NA2.

I am trying some things with NI support but so far no joy.

• Gerry Carson
    Options

I didn't reinstall it. It still does not appear in Maschine, but it is in the applications folder, so I ran it from there. I also checked Ableton and it is showing in the list of plugins but gives me the same message. The message is "your hardware has changed" - which may relate to my M1 upgrade last year. Reaktor 5 was working after than (using a backup and restore) but the problem has only happened with buying Maschine and installing that software.

Show Legacy products is switched on in NA.

I am now emailing with NI support and trying different things - but so far, no luck.

• PoorFellow
    edited February 20
    Options

Hayo_NI , the problem here (post before mine) sounds to me as could be a problem with Native Access in some way ! Do you have any wise words to add here ?

EDIT ! : With present 'progress then maybe we ought not disturb Hayo just yet !

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓
    Options

On my system, Win10, NA2 shows R5.

Maybe NA2 does not show R5 on your system because it is not supported by your OS. What about trying NA1?

• Gerry Carson
    Options

It is getting interesting...

I found and installed NA1 and this has displayed Reaktor 5 but with an error and saying to Repair. (I am reminded that this is why I installed NA2 to try and fix this error when I loaded Maschine 2).

Now when I run R5 as an application, it works perfectly in "Full" mode. However, when I access this in Ableton, it goes to Demo mode again. And I cannot see it at all in Maschine.

I tried to Repair but, no matter which folder I select, I get an invalid folder message. I have selected the folder where the application and default library are stored and I have tried the folder for my user library (but which does not have the application).

Getting closer....