Sampler Zone Keyrange templates?

Options
2ยป

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    edited February 15
    Options

'Developers' do what they are told by higher-ups, maybe some monitor things where once in a while but don't expect someone to read your thread and go implement your ideas next month, they have a gigantic backlog of features being requested for more than a decade, so that's a really unrealistic expectation.

The share-ideas sub-forum just got closed I think.

@teqnotic

If there was a Drum Kit mode that doesn't "spans the entire keyboard" but splits the keyboard zone between the 16 pads, or assigns a single note to each pad, that would be a great option to have. MPC mode I guess. Just a request for a future update.

That's exactly what it already does... Each note on the keyb triggers a Pad. Not sure what you mean by "spans the entire keyboard", if I understood that part I could tell you how to set it up because I am pretty sure what you want is possible without zones.

If you use zones in a single Pad you lose the amazing 8 mapped knobs to control tons of individual parameters of each Sampler Pad, easy Mixer Menu, etc.... It breaks like 90% of what makes Maschine great.

• teqnotic
    teqnotic Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

We must have different versions of Maschine ๐Ÿ˜‚ or I'm not in the correct "Drum Mode". When I select Drum Mode, each pad still spans across the entire keyboard, and each pad is on a different midi channel. I'm going to search YouTube for tutorials of the Drum Mode

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 348 Guru
    Options

The sample is still spread across the keyboard (i.e one huge zone), but incoming midi will trigger the root note and each pad will be set chromatically. Pad 1 will be C1, pad 2 will be C#1, etc.

I have a feeling you're trying to play maschine's pads and record the midi out into another sequencer. So I'm guessing you're in pad mode trying to record notes out to your DAW. Yeah... it's just not good at the workflow you're after. You can create workarounds for it, but meh.

My 2 cents: I'm not using maschine if I'm not using the sequencer. There are so many better featured samplers.

• teqnotic
    Options

Found some info on YouTube...

I need to go to Group for the Bank, then right click, and select "Sounds to Midi Notes"

I will try this when I get back to my studio

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    edited February 15
    Options

what the heck... that's just the default behavior with KeyMode OFF, DrumKit KeyMode should take care of that, there's really nothing to it other than enabling it... Are you on the latest version? Check if you enabled the right thing at the right place as per my imagine in the previous post.

This guy spends 3min explaining how to press a button, maybe it helps, skip to the 1:40min mark:

• teqnotic
    Options

@D-One true... NI is now under management of an even bigger conglomerate, so the voices of the average customer is most likely never heard. I'm a big supporter of the smaller companies putting out fantastic software or hardware, but still on a level that they can interact with the common folk ๐Ÿ˜