Send MIDI message CC from maschine mk3

Options
DanM
DanM Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
Hi. I have a maschine mk3 linked to an effect that has a midi input. I want to use the pad to turn this effect on and off. According to the effects documentation, it is necessary to send a MIDI message CC #11 with a value of 0-63 to turn off and with a value of 64-127 to turn on the effect. With the help of a macro, I can set a rotary element that actually turns the effect on and off as it rotates. But I want the effect to turn on or off when I press the pad button while playing live. Can it be set up this way and how?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,082 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

that would only work if you switch maschine into midi mode and make a controller template where a pad sends out a midi cc as toggle switch. In maschine mode the pads can only send midi notes. Or you would have to use a midi translator in between like bomes midi translator. Unfortunately maschine can't output midi from loaded instruments or fx so you could use a note to cc converter within maschine. At least as far as I know.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,082 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

that would only work if you switch maschine into midi mode and make a controller template where a pad sends out a midi cc as toggle switch. In maschine mode the pads can only send midi notes. Or you would have to use a midi translator in between like bomes midi translator. Unfortunately maschine can't output midi from loaded instruments or fx so you could use a note to cc converter within maschine. At least as far as I know.