Maschine+ and changing Templates with Controller Editor

Henning Kunze
Henning Kunze Member Posts: 8 Member
edited April 2022 in Maschine

Hi, I am experiencing something odd: When using Maschine+ in Midi controller mode (not controller mode for Maschine, but for other software - via CONTROLLER and SHIFT-CHANNEL/MIDI) I can change knobs and button values via Controller Editor and save them as a template with all changes in the software having immediate effect on the Maschine+ surface. But when I close the editor software, Maschine+ returns to "Template 1" with all changes gone.

I am on a M1 MacMini with mcOS 12.3.1, Maschine+ connected via USB-Midi.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Hello,

on windows you have to start CE as admin, otherwise it shows the exact blame behavior. I'm not a Mac user but maybe it's a rights issue too and it helps you to find a solution.

Uwe

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

This is a known issue in the MAS v2.15 release, either downgrade to 2.14.7 or go the extra mile of replacing a background service to make the latest version usable.

More info here:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/14077#Comment_14077

• Cinima
    Cinima Member Posts: 1 Member

I'm having the same issue with my Maschine plus and M1 Mac. Definitely caused by the latest update. I just have to leave the control editor app up for now while performing to keep the customized midi template running.

• Henning Kunze
    Henning Kunze Member Posts: 8 Member

Thanks for the input! For now, I'll stick with Cinima and leave the editor software running until this gets fixed someday.