Maschine 2.15 is out!

Options

Comments

• cybo
    cybo Member Posts: 15 Helper
    Options

Still waiting on the update for the +, but after reading all this I don’t think I’ll be updating it. I love using my + in standalone but NI has seriously dropped the ball here.

• Way~D
    Way~D Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

the auto project launch doens't appear to be working when you start maschine 2.15 i always have to load my previous project manually

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 393 Pro
    Options

Settings/startup, you can choose if u want maschine to start with latest project or new project. Try that.

• cl3an!
    cl3an! Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I can see that a lot of users are dissapointed with Maschine 2.15 and understandably so, but we will have to be a little bit patient and allow the development team the time to fix everything there is to fix. I am curious though as to how these errors weren't caught by the beta testers. Maybe NI should revisit its beta testing strategy.

• tom80
    tom80 Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I think patience is wearing thin for a lot of people here. Excuses and apologies only go so far. As for the beta strategy, NI needs to have public betas instead of just making them available to a select few special people.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru
    Options

I'm not really sure what the process is to get on the list. I signed up on centercode and waited a year. Nothing. I mentioned it here and @Jeremy_NI had it done in a day. I don't think it's a 'few special people' though. lol. I'm a nobody.

I wish it just moved over to this forum completely.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited April 2022
    Options

Unfortunately, the Beta team was not given an opportunity to review the “Release Candidate” of 2.15. We got a release “Beta 1” (4 + months ago if I am not mistaken), and then Crickets until the actual release. Turns out that wasn’t such a good idea…🤪 And we are suffering the affects as well… any projects created in the Beta do not open in the final release…😤

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 360 Pro
    Options

tom80

I think patience is wearing thin for a lot of people here. Excuses and apologies only go so far. As for the beta strategy, NI needs to have public betas instead of just making them available to a select few special people.

As Eddie says, with this one, the beta testers didn't get an RC version, and they've been left with files that won't open in this release.

The other issue is them actually listening to both the users and beta testers all. Ideally, we all want Maschine to be as good as it can be...........................

• Dstep ATL
    Dstep ATL Member Posts: 95 Helper
    edited April 2022
    Options

Sounds like the development team needs to have a Come to Jesus moment with some real leadership. They’ve crapped the bed here, and it needs to be the last time that happens.

Also, wasn’t there a hotfix for the 2.15 software with Maschine+ issues supposed to be released early last week?

And isnt the Maschine+ update due within a week or two? I believe it was Matt who said a few weeks 2 weeks ago.

There needs to be weekly status updates until this situation is handled appropriately.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru
    Options
  • Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Options

the only release I saw on Centercode was 2.15 (R3) Beta. The version of Maschine is 2.15 (R923), I see no RC1 on Centercode, obviously quite a few changes from beta to release with no beta testing… they even changed the Centercode site and did not announced it…at least I was not notified!

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,288 Guru
    Options

Perhaps because they are on the verge of another "Kore" event? Some tap-dancing happening on this stage while the real show is being prepped elsewhere.

Best way to mitigate the damage is to somehow preserve some usability of current hardware within the next generation of NI ecosystem.

This discussion has been closed.