Maschine 2.15 is out!

Options

Comments

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 334 Advisor
    edited April 2022
    Options

Maschine only loads NI VST3 plugins in this release , no third party plugins unfortunately 😒

ALso I just figured there is no autosave in the plugin version after it crashed my Ableton session with just 1 audio track and Maschine 2 vst3 plugin on a midi track with an audio loop followed by an Izotope relay plugin on it for a project with 5% cpu . Actually trying VST2 plugin and see if it is going to crash again but there is no abuse of performances here....

*edit = VST2 didn't crash so far, though the ARP/SCALE funtion is not functional from KK MK1 on the Maschine VST but working fine from the Maschine Studio !

• andreu
    andreu Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Even the screenshot on first page seems to be wrong.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited April 2022
    Options

Are you talking about the black background part? For some reason, they seem to have decided to show how the autosampler looks on controllers that have hi-res HW screens (MK3/Studio/M+) I assume. A bit odd since folks might think they will actually get that floating screencap feature when that's not a thing, at least not for users.

• Patrick Mimran
    Patrick Mimran Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hello ,

it seems it tooks a long time to get a rather small update for Maschine and hopefully soon for Maschine plus ,i am wondering if Native Instrument do not let Maschine dying slowly as it seem they are using very little ressources to maschine development . It is a pity as maschine is a very good tool .

Patrick Mimran

• Kaldosh
    Options

Maschine VST2 Parameter to host in ableton is not working properly as Maschine VST doesn't translate automation curves properly coming from ableton

• TheLoudest
    TheLoudest Member Posts: 110 Advisor
    Options
  • ozan
    ozan Member Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

So Machine 2.15 only sees Massive VST3 version. So libraries that use VST2 version can not load?

What is the workaround?

Thanks

Edit:Nevermind figured it out.

• andreu
    andreu Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Yes that is what I meant. It just looks like an error to me and I'm kind of surprised no one else is mentioning this.

Showing the HW screens makes it look like the update is also for the M+ which might made more people angry when they read through the text and realise its only the software.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 356 Pro
    edited April 2022
    Options

Support update on the issue of 2.15 not being able to open files saved in the last beta.

"sorry for the late reply.

I was able to reproduce the issue. I get the same error when attempting to load the project. Unfortunately I can't fix the problem. 

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Flo@Nick "

So how are we supposed to work with all the projects saved with the last beta?????

This is not really inspiring any kind of confidence is it really.................

• Kaldosh
    Options

The Maschine vst2 is broken in many regards. The vst3 version crashes with almost nothing in it in Ableton 10

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    Options

This was confirmed by the Maschine team. There is some differences (removed Chord Inversion) between the beta and the final release meaning the project made with the beta aren't compatible. It will be fixed once the M+ update comes out and we can bring everything back (via another desktop update). With that said, they also mention that generally speaking, compatibility between Beta and RC might not always be possible if things change between the two.

@Jeremy_NI Let's get the support teams to share a bit more specifics when being asked about this particular topic 🙌

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 356 Pro
    Options

OK thanks Matt, given I've probably got up to 100 files affected that was getting a bit worrying.

• Michael_NI
    Michael_NI Product Team Posts: 6 mod
    Options

I would like to point out as well that you must save the sound to the systems folder first before you copy the files to the sd card. saving to the sd card directly wont work.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Go to beta and download and install the release candidate so you can access your projects or wait until 2.15.1 is released.

This discussion has been closed.