Why DDJ 400 not working on traktor?

Akira
Akira Belgrade SerbiaMember Posts: 4 Sine

Hi guys,

I got from my friends new pioneer ddj 400, so I installed traktor pro 3, but it doesn't work and I can't do anything with it. Any suggestion how to fix it? I used to work on serato, this is new for me, so any help is more than welcome!

Thanks in advance! :)

Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos .Member Posts: 123 Tri
    Answer ✓

Did you download a mapping for the DDJ?

You have to do that, or map it yourself.

You can find a bunch of mapping here: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings?search%5Bsoftware_id%5D=29 Select DDJ-400.

The DDJ-400 also unlocks rekordbox 6, as it's made for that. Unless you are dead set on traktor might be worth to take a look at it.

• Akira

I found this mapping and I download it, but I could know more about what to do with that? Can you recommend any tutorial for this, because I have zero experience in this area. I would like to stay on Traktor, pretty much I like it, just to start working hahahah. :D Thank you in advance! :)

• Akira

Okay, I found tutorial for mapping and I did all steps, but still it doesn't work. I can't load track from controller, I can only do manually, but even if I do that, it still doesn't accept any command. What else can I do to fix it? Thank you.

• Jamus
    Jamus Member Posts: 2 Noise

Check your in and out ports are set to the ddi 400 in the controller Manager, Top Right in the picture you will see mine are set to na you want both to read ddj400 or the like on your system, you will also need to set up your audio setup to the ddj400. Traktors a bit of a deep dive when you get started.

• Akira

Okay, finally I connected my controller with the traktor :D So happy about that! :) But now I have another challenge. Left deck I can hear on my studio monitors, but right deck I can hear only on my earphones. How I can fix that? Thank you all guys, you helped me a lot! Love you all! <3