Sustain Pedal not working.

M4S
M4S Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Just recently bought Komplete 14 Standard JUST FOR Piano Noire....very disappointed that my sustain pedal isn't operating as it should.

M-Audio Oxygen49 usb midi keyboard and sustain pedal, which is just a simple momentary on/off pedal. The sustain works in all VSTs outside of NI ones. I see in Kontakt that CC 64 has activity every time i press and release the pedal.

Stuck and in need of some help.

Best Answer

• M4S
    Answer ✓

So I was able to get this to finally work as it should. What I did on my Win11 machine was, uninstalled my midi keyboard in the device manager and then freed up a USB port on the front of my machine. After plugging in to this port which it was never plugged in to before, it works fine. That is the last port this midi keyboard and pedal were not installed on before. I've read rumors of Windows allowing only 10 devices? Not sure if there is even a way to see what devices are still entered in Windows even after you "uninstall" them. Idk but its working now and hopefully it never stops.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,533 mod

@M4S We've seen that sometimes if there's another knob or button assigned to MIDI CC 64 it can create a conflict with the pedal itself. Can you check there is no other CC64 MIDI assignment on your keyboard?

Are you able to reproduce the issue in Kontakt in standalone? Komplete Kontrol in standalone?

• M4S

Thank you for responding.

Yea now have bigger issues. I ran the standalone Kontrol and Kontakt, both of those recgonized my usb midi keyboard and work fine EXCEPT the suspend pedal. Close the programs, and now NONE of my DAW softwares will allow input from my usb midi keyboard, its recognized and enabled in my DAW but it is not listed as a midi input which means something is using it. I've restarted my pc so many times, i've uninstalled the usb midi device multiple times, i've installed it on a different usb port and none of it is having a good outcome. I am absolutely furious, the computer doesn't do ANYTHING except run a DAW, the ONLY thing that has changed is me installing NI Komplete and then running the stand alone kontrol and kontakt.

• M4S
    Answer ✓

So I was able to get this to finally work as it should. What I did on my Win11 machine was, uninstalled my midi keyboard in the device manager and then freed up a USB port on the front of my machine. After plugging in to this port which it was never plugged in to before, it works fine. That is the last port this midi keyboard and pedal were not installed on before. I've read rumors of Windows allowing only 10 devices? Not sure if there is even a way to see what devices are still entered in Windows even after you "uninstall" them. Idk but its working now and hopefully it never stops.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,533 mod

@M4S Thanks for the update, glad that everything works now.