Use knobs for ableton audio effects

Options
Droopsy
Droopsy Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to assign knobs to ableton's audio effects like EQ three or any effect, and how it is possible if it is.

Also, I would like to know how I can change / select another track from komplete kontrol,

Could you please help?

Thank you

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,603 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is possible (or was in keyboards before the MK3) by creating a custom MIDI map and then if you want to use the automated "blue hand" auto-mapping to the selected device, creating a custom user MIDI script to use the custom MIDI template.

I created a vid years ago on how to do this for the MK1 keyboard:

Also works for MK2, A and M series doing the same thing, just have to pay attention to the name of the MIDI device.

The nice thing is this does not hard map anything and will work with any project without the need to waste any time, which is what we all want. The downside is that there is no feedback of what keyboard control affects what parameter and no feedback of hte label names. That would need more advanced scripting.

Answers

• Droopsy
    Options

Just a comment for the question above, when I use an instrument from Native Instrument and I MIDI map ableton's audio effect to knobs it does not work, but when I have an instrument from ableton and I map audio effects to knobs it works well

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Droopsy You can't control these parameters in Ableton. You woud need to turn the keyboard in MIDI mode (press SHIFT + MIDI) then MIDI learn the Ableton parameters and assign them to the knobs/MIDI CCs.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,603 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is possible (or was in keyboards before the MK3) by creating a custom MIDI map and then if you want to use the automated "blue hand" auto-mapping to the selected device, creating a custom user MIDI script to use the custom MIDI template.

I created a vid years ago on how to do this for the MK1 keyboard:

Also works for MK2, A and M series doing the same thing, just have to pay attention to the name of the MIDI device.

The nice thing is this does not hard map anything and will work with any project without the need to waste any time, which is what we all want. The downside is that there is no feedback of what keyboard control affects what parameter and no feedback of hte label names. That would need more advanced scripting.

• Droopsy
    Options

Thank you both

, I've actually seen your video yesterday and could use your script so I can use knobs on almost everything, not working for each effect how I want sometimes I need to remap manually but in general it rocks