How to delete the TRAKTOR4 binary tag in my audiofiles?

Options
Aicanar
Aicanar Member Posts: 16 Newcomer

I can delete all tags in my files with mp3tag. But there is a hidden (hidden for mp3tag) tag: TRAKTOR4

I can see this with the help of the exiftool. But how can I delete this flag?

If there's a command-line prompt to delete this flag in all my files, please copy this command here. But why is it so difficult, to delete this tag?

Answers

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 366 Guru
    Options

Try and see if you can get at it with mp3 diags: https://mp3diags.sourceforge.net/unstable/010_getting_the_program.html

• Aicanar
    Options

Thanks, MP3diags works only with .mp3, but not with .m4a files. My files are 90% .m4a files :-(

• wayfinder
    edited January 30
    Options

what happens when you remove the file from the collection from within Traktor and choose the option to also remove Traktor's tags, does it still turn up in exiftool? If not, and you then re-add the track to the collection, does it come back?

• Aicanar
    Options

No, after re-adding, the traktor informations (Rating, BPM, Key, Analyzed, Import Date) are gone.

But, all other tag informations, Artist, Track, Title, Genre etc. are also deleted, except the cover.

That's not helpful.

• Aicanar
    Options

Some further informations:

With the exiftool I can't find a leftover tag for the traktor informations in my .m4a file.

But the files have a 80-90KB difference.

File 1: My Test .m4a file with "normal" ID3 tags and the old traktor informations: 6.663 KB

File 2: Deleting all informations with Traktor Pro and re-build the "normal" ID3 tags: 6.580 KB

I don't know where the traktor informations are stored in the .m4a file.

• wayfinder
    Options

How bad would it be to live with the tag remaining?

• SteveKDJ
    SteveKDJ Member Posts: 133 Helper
    Options

not sure if this is for you. check out "Kid3 - Audio Tagger"

• Aicanar
    Options

Yes, of course, I can live with it. But since I don't really know what NI Traktor Pro writes in the files, I would like to be able to remove it. Unfortunately Kid3 doesn't help either. I now also believe that it is not a TAG or an atom in the true sense. Here NI is obviously writing something proprietary into my files.

It seems like only NI can solve the problem. The function in Traktor Pro to delete things from the files is there, but it also deletes all standard TAGs and is therefore absolutely useless.

• Aicanar
    Options

Interesting:

"additionally remove Traktor tags (may take some time)" works fine with .mp3 files. Only NI additional tags/informations are deleted.

With .m4a file, all tags are deleted. So It's a .m4a file bug in Traktor Pro ???

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 232 Pro
    edited February 1
    Options

You can do this in MP3Tag.

Highlight the file, then press ALT + t to show extended/all tags. Then, highlight the TRAKTOR4 tag in the list, and use the red "X" button to delete it.

• Aicanar
    Options

No, that’s not working with .m4a files.