How I can set the grid in maschine coinciding with the loop bar in Logic Pro?

Options
Roblot
Roblot Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi, I'm using the maschine plus in controller mode inside logic pro X. 

I'm having some issues by using both together with sampling.

Ex. I found a loop on yt that im trying to sample.

I load the file inside a pad, now im setting the BPM of the sample in the DAW, which is syncronized to the Machine 2 software, and it's ok.

My issue is that I can't cut the sample to the end of the bar loop in logic because in the sampler view of the maschine i only can see the sample in a time grid.

So I can't chop the sample correctly if the loop isn't perfectly having the end point where it begins again.

What is the solution?

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited January 29 Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately theres no way to see time-divisions in the Sampler instead of seconds.

Theres many ways around it, Uwe mentioned a few, heres some others:

Temporarily switch to the Audio-Plug, it does have time divisions so you can use the guides to set the end point based on Bars and then Truncate the Sample to crop it and switch back to the Sampler-Plug.

You can also just use Slice Mode, the minimum slices is 4, but you can remove or add slices (using "Split") to achieve what you want then apply it to a new Pad/Group.

Or, use Sampling to record-re-sample to a new pad since Sync mode allows you to pick a predetermined amount of Bars.

You can also just prepare the Audio in the DAW and bounce it in place to have the exact length before transferring it to Maschine.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,064 mod
    edited January 28
    Options

Hello,

load it into a sampler module then it plays as long as the pattern is, if it is the same length or longer than the pattern.

Or if you want to use it in the sampler module, play a note as long as the pattern and set polyphonie to 1. And the adsr release to 0.

Or you could slice it up, e.g. in 16th notes, then set them, under the slice tab if it is not a pad or something like that.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited January 29 Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately theres no way to see time-divisions in the Sampler instead of seconds.

Theres many ways around it, Uwe mentioned a few, heres some others:

Temporarily switch to the Audio-Plug, it does have time divisions so you can use the guides to set the end point based on Bars and then Truncate the Sample to crop it and switch back to the Sampler-Plug.

You can also just use Slice Mode, the minimum slices is 4, but you can remove or add slices (using "Split") to achieve what you want then apply it to a new Pad/Group.

Or, use Sampling to record-re-sample to a new pad since Sync mode allows you to pick a predetermined amount of Bars.

You can also just prepare the Audio in the DAW and bounce it in place to have the exact length before transferring it to Maschine.

• Roblot
    Roblot Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I’ll try that tomorrow, thanks!