KOMPLETE KONTROL A49 vs KOMPLETE KONTROL S49 - which one should i get?

davida
davida Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited 9:18AM in Komplete Kontrol

I have the latest Komplete Ultimate. Thinking about a new keyboard. Don't have much experience programming or midi. Which keyboard should i get? Is the learning curve the same?

Best Answers

• logicpromachine
    logicpromachine Member Posts: 37 Member
    Answer ✓

So far I am regretting the purchase of the A49 based on frustrations with the Komplete Kontrol software. My current recommendation is to avoid this eco-system entirely and buy a quality controller with a good keybed while sticking to using the specific instruments from within your Ultimate collection. This will provide you with all those great sounds you purchased without the hassle and frustration of Komplete Kontrol.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 2,015 Guru
    Answer ✓

Low Heat Beats is a Youtube channel that made a video about the comparison of those 2 keyboards.

You should check that out.

Type: low heat beats komplete kontrol s49 vs a49.

Let me know what you think about it.

• logicpromachine
    Answer ✓

SL88 and SL73 Studio by Studiologic use a hammer action FATAR keybed but I just want 49 keys and they make nothing in that size.

Answers

• logicpromachine
    Answer ✓

So far I am regretting the purchase of the A49 based on frustrations with the Komplete Kontrol software. My current recommendation is to avoid this eco-system entirely and buy a quality controller with a good keybed while sticking to using the specific instruments from within your Ultimate collection. This will provide you with all those great sounds you purchased without the hassle and frustration of Komplete Kontrol.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 2,015 Guru
    Answer ✓

Low Heat Beats is a Youtube channel that made a video about the comparison of those 2 keyboards.

You should check that out.

Type: low heat beats komplete kontrol s49 vs a49.

Let me know what you think about it.

• davida
    davida Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks for the help.

I saw the Low Heat Beats video a couple of days ago.

The only keyboard that is in stock at any music store within 50 miles is an M32.

What is the software issue?

I am actually thinking about building a midi controller - and have no experience or knowledge.

Thanks again. da

• logicpromachine
    Answer ✓

SL88 and SL73 Studio by Studiologic use a hammer action FATAR keybed but I just want 49 keys and they make nothing in that size.

• bjare
    bjare Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Avoid the A49 unless you have a really small boat that needs an anchor.

It has a lot of buttons, none of which can be assigned to anything useful. Unless you enjoy using them for browsing plugins in Natives own software. I don't. The worst piece of gear I've ever bought.

• EJJ
    EJJ Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

OP

Avoid this ecosystem if you ever need general midi control. Because of the design, you can not change the midi channel of the sustain pedal so that it follows the midi channel of the keybed when you use templates for changing channels. For any keyboard player this becomes a nonstarter. If you are going to work with only one midi controller, within the NI software ecosystem, the A series keyboard is not bad. The mapping in Komplete Kontrol is also useful. Beware.

E

This discussion has been closed.