When will Mac OS Sonoma be compatible with Maschine?

Options
Rhythmsof
Rhythmsof Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

hello,

I recently jumped back into the Mac world after many years on Windows, I purchased a new Mac Air M2.

It came with the OS Sonoma installed, I didn't think anything of it and started downloading my software which I use Ableton + Maschine (only the VST)

To my surprise that maschine wouldn't work, its not recognizing as a device. Nor on the computer, Ableton or maschine software.

I'm guessing this is because of the OS on the laptop. Could anyone tell me if they have it working with Sonoma, or when would NI sort the compatibility issue - if that is the case?

Thank you

Best Answer

• Rhythmsof
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey just to update for anyone that might think they are running into the same problem.

So it works, funnily enough the problem wasnt with the OS,

the brand new apple usb c to usb dongle I picked up from the apple store was the problem, it doesn't work. Obviously, I assumed it would be as it was brand new.

I tried another one and viola, perfect.

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,773 mod
    edited January 26
    Options

It should work, I'm not sure if it is officially compatible but I have Maschine software and that is working and know people on Sonama with the hardware working. It could be as simple as making sure you have given Maschine Full Disk access in Mac settings

• Rhythmsof
    Options

Oh that's really good to know, ill try that out now and see if it works!

• Rhythmsof
    Options

Unfortunately, the above isn't working.

I tried all the steps NI supplies here - via their 'my maschine controller does not start" page

But to no avail.

• Kymeia
    Options

OK sorry to hear that. I did read some people were having problems with M3 Ultra and M2 Ultra (I'm on M1 Max) so I wonder if it is the M2 rather than Sonoma? Hope someone else can chime in with experience on those systems

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

We didn't see any similar issues on Sonoma or with M2 chips.

Make sure to give full disk access to Maschine and Ableton: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Also check this article: My Maschine Controller Does Not Start

• Kymeia
    Options

I think he's done both of those things

• theMarkez
    theMarkez Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Just received my Maschine+ and not detected on my MBP M3. Such a bummer.

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    Options

The Maschine+ is designed as a standalone device. It won't be detected by any computer unless you boot it into standalone mode by holding shift while you power on the Maschine+.

See this article for the complete steps https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016248297-How-to-Use-MASCHINE-as-a-Controller

Cheers

• Rhythmsof
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey just to update for anyone that might think they are running into the same problem.

So it works, funnily enough the problem wasnt with the OS,

the brand new apple usb c to usb dongle I picked up from the apple store was the problem, it doesn't work. Obviously, I assumed it would be as it was brand new.

I tried another one and viola, perfect.

• Kymeia
    Options

Sometimes it is just the simple things :)

• Rodverdek
    Rodverdek Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hello NI community,

I'm desperate, I haven't been able to run Maschine on my Intel i7 Sonoma Mac for 6 months now. The software launches but gets stuck on the plugin scan (Kontakt 7). I read here and there that some of you still manage to launch the application, so I searched NI support and methodically followed all the instructions to solve my problem:

- Disk access in system preferences for all NI apps: this solved nothing.

- Force quit plug scan with activity monitor: Maschine crashes 

- Remove one by one the VSTs in the various folders. If it's not Kontakt 7, it's the supercharger that blocks when scanning plugs, and so on with other VSTs,...

- I could downgrade the OS, but starting from scratch and reinstalling everything bores me to no end.

I'm super sad not to be able to make music with my favorite software anymore... Will everything be solved one day with a Maschine update? 6 months is an extremely long time knowing that other editors are much more reactive to OS evolutions.

Note for the future: never update your system without checking... Any other advice is welcome :)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Rodverdek There were no similar reports, have you tried to contact support about your issues? If not, please do it now: https://bit.ly/NI_support_maschine

• Rodverdek
    Rodverdek Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

@Jeremy_NI thanks for you reply. Ticket is now open 🙏🏻