Why is Guitar Rig crashing??

Options
Anthony H
Anthony H Member Posts: 27 Member
edited January 24 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi all

Guitar Rig 6 suddenly crashing. It was running in Cubase 13 Pro fine, 3 simultaneous instances. I try to opened up the plugin on one track to adjust, and Cubase crashed. It won't reopen, and is crashing in standalone mode as well.

On a MBP mid 2014 running Big Sur

Tried deleting the User/Lib/App Support/NI/Guitar Rig folder - it didn't help. Ideas please? Attaching screenshot of the crash log:

Best Answer

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Anthony H I have sent you a direct message. This might be caused by a recent update to Guitar Rig 6.4.0. Going back to an earlier version might help.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,942 Guru
    Options
  • Anthony H
    Options

I am trying to remove and resinstall the whole thing because the other steps don't help. This is a nightmare - I am in the middle of a project and on a deadline. I have probably lost my custom designed effects racks in the process.

• Anthony H
    Options

After a full manual uninstall per NI instructions, and full re-install (I ran that overnight), Guitar Rig 6 still won't open in standalone and crashes Cubase if loaded. I have removed the GR6 instances from that project, and the Cubase project opens & functions properly. Attached is a screenshot of the report following the latest crash - it means nothing to me. Has anyone got insights here? Thanks.

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Anthony H I have sent you a direct message. This might be caused by a recent update to Guitar Rig 6.4.0. Going back to an earlier version might help.

• Anthony H
    Options

@Eddie_NI thanks - I'll try it and report back if it helps. Have reverted to GR5 in the meantime to finish this job. I didn't update mid-project, though. I was using GR6 6.4.0 from the outset.

• Anthony H
    Options

Reporting back - that's done the trick! GR 6.3 runs fine standalone and in Cubase.

Very weird that 6.4 was working initially and then started crashing but I'll leave it at this version until bugs are addressed. Thanks Eddie!