Are there no 3/4 patterns in Picked Acoustic?

Billy86
Billy86 Member Posts: 29 Member

This can't be right. Trying my Picked Acoustic for the first time. When I go to load song patterns and filter by 3/4 in the song browser, there are none. Am I missing something? Are there no 3/4 picking patterns?

Tagged:

Comments

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

I think you may want to double check your installation because that doesn't sound right... figured I'd check for you and while I don't have many presets I still have some:

Hope this can help!

• Billy86

Hi. Thanks for weighing in. Yes, I have scratches and crescendos in 3/4. But come on... really? Scratches and crescendos? That's all there is to do a song in 3/4? Makes zero sense.

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

I agree that it isn't much but then again... I'm not sure if I ever heard a 3/4 guitar piece before.

Still... although this doesn't help I do think it's fair to say that we can always play our own melodies if we want to.

• EasyTiger32
    EasyTiger32 Member Posts: 15 Member

The Session Guitarist acoustic guitar libraries unfortunately don't offer much for 3/4 time. I like to write in the styles of Classic Country, Folk, Bluegrass, etc. and really wish these libraries offered more in the way of usable patterns, but I also understand that NI needs to cater to a more contemporary market.

• Billy86

Bummer. I’ve also got UJAM’s picked Nylon, Silk. Maybe something there.

• PFogg
    PFogg Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Just discovered this for myself - really appalling. Looking at the walk-through videos I could see the '3/4' option, so I just assumed that it would offer some 3/4 patterns - why bother having the 3/4 button there at all if no patterns are available? I'd actually bought this library specifically for this, I feel like I've been conned - very poor NI.

• PFogg
    PFogg Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

And having just tried them out, the scratches and crescendo patches that come up under the '3/4' banner aren't even in 3/4! So I would ask again, why have a 3/4 button at all? It really feels like it's just there to con people into believing this library offers something it doesn't actually have.

• EasyTiger32
    EasyTiger32 Member Posts: 15 Member

Just a wild guess, but since there is a whole series of Session Guitarist libraries based around the same GUI, it was more convenient for NI to leave the 3/4 banner in than to take it out.

• Bradman
    Bradman Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

+ 1 here... I cannot believe 3/4 time has been ignored. That knowledge would have saved me from investing in this VST. For my needs this is like buying a car and learning on delivery that the tires weren't included! Back to Ample Sound guitar VST's for me.

• Jaaba
    Jaaba Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

I am still considering which acoustic guitar plugin to get. Are the NI patterns MIDI files? Then you could use third-party 3/4 rhythm patterns or create your own.

• Billy86

You can’t use 3rd party rhythm patterns.

• Jaaba
    Jaaba Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Thanks for the info!