Saved previous presets...where to find...where to put...

Options
puppy38
puppy38 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

I had a hdd crash on a Win 7 Pro (x64) system running Replika (version 1, I think) and had to reinstall everything. I still have the old drive and rescued what I think are essential files and folders, and found files in AppData/etc that match the names of some of my old Replika presets.

After installing the new version of Replika on a fresh Win 10 install, I cannot find out where to put the original saved presets. I have clicked on show presets folder in Replika, placed the files there, restarted everything, and nothing works. I cannot find any file on my new system in AppData/etc that has anything referencing Replika of NI.

Any sage advice?

Tagged:

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,095 mod
    edited January 23
    Options

Normally it's in your "user/documents/native instruments/user content" folder or something like that, you should find there a "replica" folder. I'm not at my PC right now but this might be enough information to find the right place.

• puppy38
    edited January 23
    Options

Yeah, the new install points to that folder, which has a Replika DLL. Even tho none of the presets that come stock are listed separately. I tried putting the old presets in there but Replika didn’t recognise them. Thanks tho…

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

You need to copy the user preset files to this location:

C:\Users\YourUserNameGoesHere\Documents\Native Instruments\Replika

• puppy38
    Options

The presets pictured above are “File” files with no file format. I found them (from previous install) in User/etc/Cakewalk/Shared Presets/{A67BLAHBLAHBLAH}. I already tried copying them to the folder you suggested, but they still do not show up in Replika. It seems the new version switched things and have presets stored in a different place than before, and as an .fxp file (what it asks for to load a preset). I tried adding .fxp to the file name of one of them in the Documents folder, but when attempting to load, Replika said it was not a valid file.

Thanks tho…

• Uwe303
    Options

Are you sure you saved the presents within the plugin and not within your DAW? Right click on one of the files - properties - details there you should see what it is. Or enable show file extensions:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-enable-hidden-file-extensions-in-Windows.html

• puppy38
    Options

Yes…I saved the presets in Replika while using it in my DAW originally.

File extensions are visible (not hidden), but they are unlabelled…just “File” as file type in properties.

Thanks tho…

• Uwe303
    edited January 24
    Options

Ok then it might be, that the files are corrupted. Please make a backup from now on from the user folder, I do it in the cloud and additionally on an external drive. The extension for replica is .nifx maybe that will work. Also if you use one drive you have two document folders, in my case I have to use the one that's not by default in the on drive folder.

• puppy38
    edited January 24
    Options

.nifx extension rename had same result as .fxp...

I remounted the original C: drive Replika was installed. Searched Documents/Native Instruments/Replika (nothing there), and original backups found in AppData/Roaming/etc still have no file extension. If I could at least find another location where the presets with .nifx or .fxp extensions might be, then I could see if they work.

Now I have no idea how it was actually working while I was using it...lol

Maybe I'll accidentally figure it out...I'm trying everything.

Thanks

• Uwe303
    edited January 24
    Options

and if you search the drive for "*.nifx" it should find all replika presets but unfortunately also all other older fx have that extension, like bus comp and so on.

don´t you have a folder on your old drive where you have all the subfolders in with the names of the product like under some user:

maybe here on win 7

C: > User > *Username* > Documents > Native Instruments > Shared Content > Sounds >

• puppy38
    Options

Yeah...I checked that Documents folder on the old drive, but there was no Shared Content/Sounds folder. Scanned the drive for .nifx or .fxp extensions and found only stock Replika .nifx files (but none of my saved presets, which I fully believe are the files with no extension I have from Shared Presets folder mentioned earlier), and no .fxp except for some plugs other than Replika.

Thanks tho...