Mixing Maschine+ standalone project inside Ableton

Options
qtechno
qtechno Member Posts: 13 Member

Hi, I know that the Maschine+ can work as an audio interface and I was wondering how to set it up so that I can route the audio of different groups into Ableton tracks. This way I could do a performance and process each group with Ableton's plugins and maybe mix it using an external midi controller instead of the M+ knobs.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Triggi
    Triggi Member Posts: 48 Helper
    edited January 20 Answer ✓
    Options

Hopefully this will guide you little..

First some Basics:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016248297-How-to-Use-MASCHINE-as-a-Controller

Then,

• start ableton, load maschine vst into a track.
    • create 8 ( or how many you need)audio tracks in ableton
    • choose as input maschine vst 1/2, 3/4, and so on for every track ( boring)
    • now, on the m+ push a group or pad, push plugin
    • choose on the top row of buttons sound or group
    • push channel button
    • Select the audio output you want

there it is.

Take your time and have fun! There is verry good documentation at web.

Answers

• Triggi
    Options

Hi qtechno,

can' t you use the M+ in controller mode and use it in ableton as a vst? Then you can route 32? outputs into ableton. I have a mk3 and usually have 16 stereo outs from maschine into ableton for the same thing. Record a live performance and mix and edit in the daw.

have fun!

• qtechno
    qtechno Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

hi @Triggi , maybe I can. But I dont know how to do it, I found a video explaining that flow (I m new here so I cant share a link in this forum yet) but there must be something in my settings preventing it from happening. Actually right now I cannot even get audio from the Line out after messing around with different settings :(. There;s audio on the Phones output but not on main out.

• Triggi
    edited January 20 Answer ✓
    Options

Hopefully this will guide you little..

First some Basics:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016248297-How-to-Use-MASCHINE-as-a-Controller

Then,

• start ableton, load maschine vst into a track.
    • create 8 ( or how many you need)audio tracks in ableton
    • choose as input maschine vst 1/2, 3/4, and so on for every track ( boring)
    • now, on the m+ push a group or pad, push plugin
    • choose on the top row of buttons sound or group
    • push channel button
    • Select the audio output you want

there it is.

Take your time and have fun! There is verry good documentation at web.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    edited January 21
    Options

I'd also recommend creating a template for Maschine multitrack use with Ableton, with all the required Audio and MIDI tracks already set up and ready to go, will save a ton of time if you are going to be doing it regularly.

In addition to routing audio out from Maschine, you can also control changing of patterns, scenes and lock states via MIDI clips in Ableton. This allows you also to record all of these changes into clips or the ableton timeline for creating "dynamic" arrangements the Maschine VST will follow.

Maschine running in Ableton with UAD plugins = gowsend for mixing! (Don't use UAD plugins in Maschine, it doesn't have plugin delay compensation, use Maschine VST3 instead)