How do you record midi multi output in with Maschine Mikro MK3 with logic?

Options
Nickalexpoole
Nickalexpoole Member Posts: 28 Member

Hi all, I have loaded a software instrument in Logic Pro and put the Maschine on it as multi output.i followed all the steps on a video I found on YouTube so I have all the auxiliary tracks there, but when I press record, nothing actually records. I have probably missed something really simple. is there a fix for this?

Cheers.

Best Answer

Answers

• Triggi
    Triggi Member Posts: 48 Helper
    Options

Hi Nick again😊,

i'm confused. Please explain what your goals are. Puttin the MaschineFX on an instrument track for multi outs?

Best regards!

• Nickalexpoole
    Options

Hello again! Yes, I want to use the machine mikro mk3 to record beats inside logic pro, but with each pad of the maschine mikro to record on a separate track in logic. So that I can add effects to individual sounds if that makes any sense. I like the maschine software but I'm used to logic and would be great if I can learn to integrate it with logic more.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,778 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

These videos and articles should help:

Recording MIDI Notes in Logic Pro X from MASCHINE [VIDEO]

Triggering MASCHINE Sounds from MIDI Tracks in Logic Pro

How to Route MASCHINE 2 Sounds to Separate Audio Tracks in Logic Pro X [VIDEO]

Make sure to select both inputs in Logic, Mikro MK3 virtual input and Maschine Mikro MK3:

• Nickalexpoole
    Options

Hi Jeremy, thanks for the links but still no luck. I have done every step in all of the videos you sent but it still won't record. I can press record in logic and the play head will move but nothing records, or when I press play/record on the Maschine hardware absolutely nothing happens. I feel like I'm missing something super simple because I'm only trying to do a pretty basic thing with this. I'm a bit of a newb so maybe I have something set up or configured wrong? Here is the Midi Inputs preferences page, it looks slightly different to your pic.

Just to clarify, my goal is to record using the machine micro mk3 drum pads to make a beat with the drum sounds that come with it in the Maschine software to separate midi tracks in Logic Pro x. for example, have the kick drum on 1 track, the snare on another, a hat on another etc.

Here are some screen shots of the (non) recording. As you can see there is signal there but I can't hear any sound.

Thanks for all the help so far guys.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,778 mod
    Options

Try to open Maschine in stadalone. Make sure that these boxes are ticked:

Now open Logic, make sure that Maschine 2 Virtual Input is showing as an input of Logic.

Make sure that both Logic and Maschine have full disk access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS