M+ standalone optimized Reaktor content from the community

Options

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,747 mod
    Options

Save a new copy of your ensemble, remove all snapshots aside from a single INIT snapshot

Why are you doing that?

• Kymeia
    edited December 2023
    Options

try to map all relevant controls in the Maschine software

The kicker here is many ensembles in the UL are not setup for mapping, so you may also need to edit the ensemble itself to do one of 3 things:

1) assign automation IDs to the params you want to map from scratch if there are none

2) Compress and re-sort if there are too many IDs for Maschine to handle ( must be <100)

3) Manually renumber if 2) doesn't work (it doesn't always)

I did this for all the Boscomac ensembles - even though they were tiny with just a few params some had automation IDs going into the 100's

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 609 Guru
    Options

You cannot download any user content in any form via wifi on M+. All user content must be manually transferred to the SD card, either via the STORAGE mode or by removing the card, connecting the card to a computer for file copying, and then reconnecting the card to M+

• tetsuneko
    edited December 2023
    Options

I do this, because I still havent wrapped my head around how the NKS data is handled across the ensemble snapshots, keeps things simple and also doesn't flood my M+ with presets. If someone's NKS chops are bigger than mine, they know how to tag and sort everything by banks flawlessly and make it so it all "makes sense" on the M+ end, but I just stick to a single preset in order to keep things simple until I suss the rest of it out. If you save any presets you create from that single "INIT" snapshot in M+, they will retain the NKS info correctly as they automagically inherit the mappings from the init snapshot..

If you have further insight into the topic, I'd love to hear it!

I tried making an ens earlier with a bunch of presets in it, and while the presets showed up on M+, only the preset I used for parameter mapping in Maschine desktop had the correct NKS mappings applied to it.. rest of the presets had garbage as their parameter names etc.. was just a mess.. There's clearly something in the whole NKS side of things I'm not understanding correctly

• Kymeia
    Options

OK thanks, so the main thing is this isn't a compulsory step, I just wondered if there was some issue with snapshots on Mas+. It is possible to batch select and add meta info to them all ('Instrument' 'Effect') then resave, and then import it into Maschine (or Komplete Kontrol) and tag patches before they go into Mas+.

Also sometimes you also need to edit the bank name field in Reaktor settings (some UL ensembles don't have this and are called 'NEW" which quickly gets confusing)

• tetsuneko
    edited December 2023
    Options

I see, interesting. I need to try it exactly as you suggested, perhaps it will work then? It's possible I didn't assing the instrument / effect thing for every snapshot, perhaps that is why the snapshots lost their NKS mappings?

Yeah, if you go tagging your snapshots, you have to make sure the bank name in Reaktor is sensible or you will go crazy fast hehehe!

• bitlaw
    bitlaw Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

I create now a Juno 60 Ensemble for the Maschine plus. The Video from BlezzBeats makes very easy to make it.

Its free for using...

• tetsuneko
    Options

is that the same juno synth that has been going around in the RUL for years?

• bitlaw
    bitlaw Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

Yes its from the Reaktor User Library convert, but its not very good mapped...

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    edited December 2023
    Options

A new addition:

Monark filter section as effect for Maschine:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/15225/

Happy Holidays!

• tetsuneko
    edited January 20
    Options

Ok, fixed the missing labels on three parameters, operation should make more sense now

Still want to add the following changes before version 1.0:

• Envelope curve settings for all three envs (MEG, OEG, NEG)
    • Parameter layout in standalone might get some changes based on use experience

Also, I found a video today showcasing how to use OSC for sending data across Reaktor instances within Maschine! If this same functionality exists in M+ standalone, there is a way to build sequencers and MIDI generators and have them send their data over to Reaktor instruments located elsewhere in the project, which would potentially have wild consequences..

• Infrabass
    Infrabass Member Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Hey everyone,

I'm a very excited NEW M+ owner but an OLD Reaktor builder/tweaker.

The sensation of being able to quickly build any FX or SYNTH in desktop Reaktor and then use them standalone is filling my heart with happiness!

I already did this with success for a few very simple prototypes but today I hit a wall 🥲

A slightly modded version of the JUNO-106 I love is crashing the M+ each time I load a project or a group using it.

Have any other users come across this type of crash?

Are there any well-known things to avoid while building Reaktor ensembles for the M+?

• Infrabass
    Infrabass Member Posts: 39 Member
    Options

I should add that I plan to use the M+ for live performances where I sometimes load Maschine groups on the fly, so crashes are a show-stopper for me!

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 393 Pro
    Options

I don’t know so much about this stuff, but you made sure you created the thing in the same version of reaktor that the m+ is running? I believe M+ is running an older version than the desktop one. Like I said I’m no reliant source here, don’t know anything about this stuff.

and if u don’t trust the M+, maybe you could do a deep autosample of your instrument instead to save cpu?

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    Options

Welcome!

Great to see more knowledgeable Reaktor developers join here. As there are seemingly only a bunch of users caring about porting Ensembles to the M+, knowledge is sparse, and you probably already found everything that is known in the few forum threads about this topic. However, a couple of us are talking with the Mods about creating a dedicated place here, so knowledge is better accessible and discussions can be held about individual Ensembles on the M+.

Regarding the Juno 106: AFAIR there are two different Ensembles in the User Library and only one of them can be properly ported to the M+. But I might be wrong and confusing it with the Juno 60 Ensemble.