Maschine kits into Battery 4

phanatik
phanatik Member Posts: 12 Member

Why can't we use Maschine kit samples into making our own kit in Battery.

I looked up the sound that make a Maschine kit, they are mxsnd type but Battery will not import them. Will this be possible in the near future? I would like to see some of there sounds and make my own kits.

Thanks

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

Maschine Sounds (mxsnd) contain the whole chain of plugins: The instrument (Sampler, Synth,…) with its preset and all the following effects.

What you can use in Battery are the raw Samples which are used in a Maschine Sound‘s Sampler plugin.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

My understanding is that since they overhauled the expansions to support more users outside of Maschine, the samples that are included have the output result of the FX chains baked into the sounds that you can then use in Battery.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

That would need to be different Samples, otherwise existing Projects, Groups, Sounds using those Samples would sound different after this „overhaul“.

• phanatik
    phanatik Member Posts: 12 Member

Thanks, folks. I just figured some of the things out. My factory sounds were missing and had to reinitialize and some other stuff, and now able to add Maschine kit sounds into Battery.

What I don't like about Battery is there is no UNDO/REDO if you mistakenly replace a sound. I just posted that they add that.