Kontakt doesn't work inside Cubase

Options
MBass
MBass Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi, I'm new to Native instruments and I find the whole system of how it works quite complex. I work with DAW Cubase and I only need some professional sounds (VST's) to be able to compose and arrange my own music. I decided that Electric Mint is great choice for me as my Cubase Elements doesn't offer any realistic guitar sample sounds. At the very beginning I downloaded Kontakt 6 player and I though that Electric Mint can be run from it's interface. So I purchased it. But it does nothing - see picture.

I watched some tutorial and it was told there that I need to buy application Kontakt 7 to be able to compose music using Electric Mint. So I bought it from Native Instruments sites and then I received several emails. in one of them I read an announcement that I can now use Kontakt 7 in another I read that I can download the following products in native access: Analog Dreams for KONTAKT, Hybrid Keys for KONTAKT, Ethereal Earth for KONTAKT, Retro Machines MK2 for KONTAKT, Creator Tools for KONTAKT.

I find the whole thing terribly confusing.

As Kontakt player doesn't do anything with those products inside, I decided to uninstall it because I thought that then the Kontakt 7 will finally appear in Cubase instead of Kontakt player (6). After I did it there was nothing from Kontakt app in Cubase. So I installed "player" back.

From the Kontakt 7 app I can run libraries and play loops e.g. from Electric Mint, but I even don't know how to compose with it using my midi keys iRig 37. And it just runs as a stand alone app.

In the right top corner in app Kontakt player (firts pic) there is written Kontakt 7 available...and when i clicked on it the web page with some offer appear.

And this is state when I am logged in....In my opinion I have already bought this. :-D

I absolutelly don't understand what is wrong and would appreciate some support. But Native Instruments in fact doesn't have customer service, so I have to ask here.

Please, please, someone help me. I have absolutely no idea what to do.

Thank you. Martin.

Best Answer

• MBass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Milos, thanks for your reply!

I finally managed to solve the problem by reinstalling the Kontakt 7 from Native Access.

Now everything seems to work as expected.

I just felt helpless because I wasn't sure if I do everything right. :-)

Martin

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,939 Guru
    Options

Do you have a serial number for Kontakt 7 Full version?

You can check that inside your account on NI website.

• MBass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Milos, thanks for your reply!

I finally managed to solve the problem by reinstalling the Kontakt 7 from Native Access.

Now everything seems to work as expected.

I just felt helpless because I wasn't sure if I do everything right. :-)

Martin

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,939 Guru
    Options

Glad you solved the problem, good sir!