Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 and new Komplete Kontrol Software in Cubase 12 Pro

Options
Headtuned
Headtuned Member Posts: 8 Member

I have some serious problems with this combination. If i have two instances of komplete Kontrol vsts in Cubase and switch between the tracks, the keyboards does not have a connection to the right instrument anymore. If i use this little keyboard button in the software cubase often crashes. I never used that button before and i never had that error before. I have the komplete ultimate collectors edition and can't work anymore. I deinstalled all, installed komplete kontrol, kontakt, cubase new again nothing helped.

Comments

• jottweh
    jottweh Member Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Since I decided a few days ago to switch back to "Komplete Kontrol V3.1.0" under "Cubase 12 Pro", Cubase keeps crashing when working with a KK track.

In addition, in older projects within KK, the used VSTi are no longer loaded. KK is “empty”. This works again with newly created tracks (probably due to the VST3 conversion). 😥😥😥

The KK browser can no longer display all "Spitfire Audio Plugins" - only KONTAKT content is listed. According to Spitfire, NI is already working to resolve the issue. 😥

When I previously downgraded to KK V2.6.9 I didn't have these problems. It can be assumed that it is due to the new V3.x version. I think we'll have to wait for a maintenance update from NI.

Try the old KK V2.9.6. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to add links here.

• Danix78
    Danix78 Member Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Same problems here!

I opened a project that I've been working on for some time and the light guides no longer reflect the extension of the VSTi (before the update it was ok). I have to try adding a new track (your suggestion).

Spitfire BBC SO, both Discover and Core, are displayed as Discover (nb. Spitfire told me that this problem would be solved with the next update, but now NI has updated before Spitfire... things get complicated... let's wait) .

• jottweh
    Options

The light guide problem is another one. It's not much fun to work with KK at the moment. As for Spitfire, I've never seen Spitfire fix a "problem". You are always put off.

• Danix78
    Options

Is this another problem? And where does it come from? Is it solvable? Here it occurred after the last update.

• jottweh
    edited February 1
    Options

Brand new update of KONTAKT 7: Maybe that could solve the problem?

We will seen it … 🙄

• Danix78
    Options

Thanks @jottweh

I was talking about Komplete kontrol not Kontakt... anyway, we'll see with the updates

• jottweh
    Options

It would be conceivable that the missing "Light Guide" is caused by KONTAKT? Komplete Kontrol is just a kind of “vessel” for other plugins. And if KONTAKT causes the error, Komplete Kontrol will not be able to display the "Light Luide".

I will continue to monitor this but it seems to me that Light Guide is now actually displayed permanently again and is retained. As you write: we'll see... thank you for the time being. 😴

• Danix78
    Options

Yes, I understand.

But, on KK, I don't load Kontakt, but third-party VSTi (example: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 by IK Multimedia), and after the update the light guides no longer respect the extension of the instrument, they are all turned on... everything here.

• jottweh
    Options

OK, I know your problem from the Spitfire plugins. But at least KONTAKT is now working correctly again. A small consolation … 😔