Hey

Options
TammiH
TammiH Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

purchased my 13 year old son a Maschine MK3 for Christmas. I have already installed it by adding the serial number and everything. But I'm confused on how to get sound. Someone was supposed to come to show him how to get started during Christmas but they hadn't come yet. Can someone here help us?

Best Answer

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 606 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

I should also add that at 13 years old, your son is certainly old enough to be learning this stuff too. Maybe have him interface with us here, or at the very least, have him do these steps while you watch.

I know kids who can run minecraft and other game servers at that age. It's not a guarantee that they'll be successful, but they still need to be learning, because they need to become comfortable with all this technology that us old dogs still struggle with. Even though we were the old dogs who invented the FIRST computing technologies, lol!

Anyway, good luck to you and your son!

Answers

• BIF
    edited January 9
    Options

Have you successfully installed the firmware update onto the keyboard and the Komplete Kontrol application software onto a computer?

Are you hoping to run KK inside or outside of a DAW. If inside of a DAW, which DAW are you using?

Does that computer have an audio interface? I don't mean built-in sound, either. I mean a real audio interface, such as a UAD, Arturia, Steinberg, MOTU, or similar. Native also makes audio interfaces.

If you have all that stuff, then you should be able to plug the KK device into your computer, then turn on the device and launch Komplete Kontrol on the computer. It may need to scan for plugins but once it's done, you should be able to go into the settings panel in KK to configure audio and MIDI settings.

The MIDI settings should point to the MK3 device, and the audio settings should point to your audio interface. At this point, you should be able to play sounds.

Try that, and if it doesn't work, then please put your answers to my above questions and somebody here will try to help you.

• BIF
    Answer ✓
    Options

I should also add that at 13 years old, your son is certainly old enough to be learning this stuff too. Maybe have him interface with us here, or at the very least, have him do these steps while you watch.

I know kids who can run minecraft and other game servers at that age. It's not a guarantee that they'll be successful, but they still need to be learning, because they need to become comfortable with all this technology that us old dogs still struggle with. Even though we were the old dogs who invented the FIRST computing technologies, lol!

Anyway, good luck to you and your son!

• TammiH
    Options

Lol BIF, 😆 you are right. We will definitely try that. I will have him to interface with us here also. Thank you.. 😊

• BIF
    Options

You're a great mom. Keep up the excellent work!

• TammiH
    Options

Awww thank you... 💞