Where I can set the lentgh of a pattern to "auto" in Maschine MK3?

Options
Motipo
Motipo Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

If I hold the button "Pattern" I can choose on knob 4 the length of a pattern, but i will have it to auto. This is just on "Auto", when I create a new pattern. But I will set it manualy to "Auto".

How can I do this?

THX

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,778 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Motipo Well, you can't, as I said: once the first recording was done, then the loop length is set and can't be set back to auto.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,095 mod
    Options

Hello,

if you create a pattern and first record with auto length it makes sense, but if you record over it in the same pattern and it should auto grow on and on beyond what you've already recorded......i don't know any DAW that can do that automatically once you're set a length, even if it growed automatically with the first recording. Or maybe I'm overlooking something here.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Motipo I'm not sure to understand what the issue is and what you're trying to achieve. The auto function is only there for when you first record a pattern, once the first recording was done, then the loop length is set and can't be set back to auto.

• Motipo
    Motipo Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

And were I can set it back to auto when I finisch my record?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Motipo Well, you can't, as I said: once the first recording was done, then the loop length is set and can't be set back to auto.

• Don1990
    Don1990 Member Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Would be a nice feature to turn this on or off. But for now the only option is to delete the pattern, or clear all notes (is what I usually do). This will reset the auto pattern mode.