Pitch delay in Traktor scratch

Options
Tom123
Tom123 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi,

I’ve just set up Traktor Pro 3 scratch using Pioneer DJM250Mk2 and 2 technics turntables. The issue I’m having is with the pitch. When I change it on the turntable it takes 5 seconds or so to change in Traktor. Anyone able to help sort this out please?

im not the most technical so hopefully there is a setting I’ve missed!

thanks

tom

Best Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,381 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are we talking about DVS / timecode vinyl? The bpm number on the screen? It's just the number that is an rolling average from the last 5 seconds.

Everything should behave snappy. Ignore the screen, try to scratch or something.

• Tom123
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you!

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 312 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can change it in the Preferences > Track Decks.

Go to the box with your tempo and change it to BPM.

After that, you should always see the current changes in tempo straight away, without delay.

• Tom123
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you, Owner! That works a treat!

Answers

• lord-carlos
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are we talking about DVS / timecode vinyl? The bpm number on the screen? It's just the number that is an rolling average from the last 5 seconds.

Everything should behave snappy. Ignore the screen, try to scratch or something.

• Tom123
    Options

Thanks for the response. Yes it’s DVS timecoded vinyl and yes, it’s the number on the screen. So just to confirm, the number in the screen can’t be changed to the as is bpm (stuck at 5 second delay) but the change in pitch to the track is instant in relation to the pitch change on the turntable ? The number will just lag?

thanks

• lord-carlos
    Options

Yes, that should be the case.

Try it yourself, play a song and hold the vinyl so it's barely spinning. You should hear the change more or less instantly.

• Tom123
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you!

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 312 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can change it in the Preferences > Track Decks.

Go to the box with your tempo and change it to BPM.

After that, you should always see the current changes in tempo straight away, without delay.

• Tom123
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you, Owner! That works a treat!