Massive VST not working after hardware change

Options
Soqui
Soqui Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

"your hardware has changed please use native access to re-activate"

I recently upgraded my computer and now when I load up a project, all Massive instances are initialized instead of loading a patch/preset. And when opening the synth itself within DAW, FL Studio, I get a message telling me that there's been a hardware change and I need to re-activate the plug-in, despite it being up to date in Native Access as well as not giving me that problem within Maschine. The presets themselves are routed and Massive loads them just fine outside of FL Studio. Not to mention, using the VST3 version of the plug-in is glitchy in a few ways, such as loading a bank and not being able to jump to the next patch with the arrows and having the preset name not displayed. If this doesn't get fixed I lose a ton of progress.

Best Answer

• Soqui
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, after 2 hours or so of trying, I think I fixed it by uninstalling Massive itself and removing all cloned/old .dlls that are linked for use in FL Studio. I got the idea after installing the updated Native Access to the more sleek Native Access 2. I uninstalled Massive by going into the Control Panel, Programs and Features, Native Instruments Massive, Right Click, Uninstall. Reinstalling, relinking the new VST3 to FL Studio folders and then rescanning plugins seems to have done the trick.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,069 mod
    Options

Hello,

do you use also vst3 in fl studio? Have you checked all vst folders and vst dll files (you can see the version by right clicking and go to properties). You could try to log out and in again in native access, or delete the massive XML file and reopen native access like shown here:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402377887121-My-Products-Are-Showing-As-DEMO-in-Native-Access

• Soqui
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, after 2 hours or so of trying, I think I fixed it by uninstalling Massive itself and removing all cloned/old .dlls that are linked for use in FL Studio. I got the idea after installing the updated Native Access to the more sleek Native Access 2. I uninstalled Massive by going into the Control Panel, Programs and Features, Native Instruments Massive, Right Click, Uninstall. Reinstalling, relinking the new VST3 to FL Studio folders and then rescanning plugins seems to have done the trick.