Update Problems with Maschine+ 1.5.1? 🤷‍♂️

Options

Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,364 Expert
    Options

Just to gather data points that might help to identify the issue: What make and model is the SD card you normally use?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@The Dark Universe There were no other reports in support (AFAIK). I see you submitted a request, one of my colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.

• Bryn Owen
    Bryn Owen Member Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 5
    Options

I have the same issue as the original post: M+ gets to about 323MB then "FAILED" and no amount of retrying helps. Does NI have a web page of M+ system downloads? I could just grab the file and put it on the SD myself in the Downloads directory if that works? I have already tried using my usual SD card, and also a newly formatted SD card - neither works for me.

PS: I skipped the 1.5.0 update so my M+ is on 1.4.5.2, updating to 1.5.1 so I wonder if others having this problem are in the same boat??

Thanks in advance.

• The Dark Universe
    The Dark Universe Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

You should totally open a support ticket, they need to know firsthand about stuff like this, other dude above is absolutely correct 🙏🤙🌌

• Bryn Owen
    Bryn Owen Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

You are right. I have another ticket open now for an unrelated issue and it sounds like they are overloaded at the moment, so I was just wondering if someone had a quick link they could paste to downloads for M+ System updates. I tried looking and could only find the firmware page.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    edited January 5
    Options

Addition to what @ozon said (the need for NI itself to be aware and deal with the problems): @Alexios (or even better someone from NI) could you please post here the instructions for the workaround instead of private messaging?

That’s a technique NI uses I never understood: saying “I contacted you privately” like if it is something to keep secret, instead of publishing one time a solution so that anyone with the same problem can find it…and maybe pin it at the top of the discussions, at the place of the 2 useless threads pinned from months (“Official update status - Kontakt” and “No more short names in Komplete Kontrol / Maschine browser”)

In this way you don’t have to repeat the things again and again to every single user facing the issue and someone searching for an answer will be able to find it

• Alexios
    Alexios Member Posts: 92 Advisor
    Options

Apparently there is some reason why NI doesn't do this. I recently updated my Tascam Model 12, they have the firmware and instructions on their website. All questions should be directed to NI Support. And I'm always happy to help, please contact me!

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,184 Guru
    Options

please post here the instructions

It's not just instructions. It's files that were provided to Alexios when he had an issue after installing 1.5.0.

The 1.5.1 update includes the same fix, so the files Alexios has shouldn't be needed any more.

• Alexios
    Options

Here we mean how to update from an SD card if it doesn’t work via WiFi.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,184 Guru
    Options

Ah OK. Mea Culpa.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    edited January 5
    Options

You just hold Shift+Scan while in Preferences>System, but you need the installation files in your SD Root to begin with... So, get in touch with support and dont go installing anything provided by users.

Good question. The only valid reason I can think of in the case of the M+ is to avoid the firmware/OS from becoming too widely spread and publicly available as this could cause people to eventually reverse engineer it. Which would be amazing tbh... :D

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    edited January 5 Answer ✓
    Options

Hey everyone, if there are issues with the 1.5.1 update please contact support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_maschine

The workaround provided to and by @Alexios was for the previous update issue and specific to plug-ins not being found in M+, so please don't try this out, get in touch with support instead.

• Alexios
    Options

As far as I understand, it is encrypted! Otherwise there would have been some kind of Maschine-Cubase Plus long ago.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    edited January 8
    Options

Not sure if it's encrypted or just compressed.

Tons of NI's proprietary stuff have been reverse-engineered, drivers, protocols, hw, etc... people have videos playing on MK3's screens and such. So, if someone really wanted it, maybe just some tweaks.. Nothing like a Cubase+, it wouldn't make much sense on an Atom E3940 anyway.

In Akai world, people have done some things.