Getting "could not create new file or truncate existing file" but why?

Options
Atom Heart Father
Atom Heart Father Member Posts: 10 Member

I am suddenly getting the "could not create new file" etc message when trying to download an instrument or expansions. I have read the support article on this topic (360001976417), but I think I am following the protocols for setting the file locations, and don't have incompatible folders in Native Access preferences.

• Files are going to a dedicated folder on an external drive-- downloading to a folder called "Downloads" and samples going to a folder called "Content". Applications going into a folder called "Native Instruments Stuff"
  • It is not a virtual or cloud drive.
  • It's not the root drive.

I have been using the same folders since I first bought Komplete, and I haven't gotten this message previously. Now it's no longer working. Using Native Access 3.8, MacOS 13.6.2. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,933 Guru
    Options

Maybe you should make a new custom folder...

Let me know if it worked, sir.

Btw, Happy Holidays and God bless you!

• arcade
    arcade Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options
    It should work out of the box. Why create a new custom folder. And if it happens again he creates another folder ?
    The problem is not on his side.
    I have the same problem on my MAC right now. All paths are fine.
  • AWRose
    AWRose Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

[On MacOS Sonoma]

Try moving the download location from your external drive to the standard downloads folder. The installation process seems to be able to move the files to the external HD, but not download to one. They are getting cleaned up from downloads when installation is done, it appears, so it's not taking up the internal drive long-term.