Guitar Rig 7 Pro, VST3 does not show up in Ableton Live 11 Suite

Options
laraki
laraki Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hey Guys, recently got Guitar Rig 7 pro bundled along with a few other products from iZotope.

I've got everything installed, and I can run the standalone Guitar Rig 7 Pro application, but when I startup ableton live suite and check the plugin area for VST3, I do not see Guitar Rig 7 listed under the Native Instruments Section. The odd thing is that I have checked the Program Files\Common Files\VST3 location and I do see the Guitar Rig 7 vst3 file in that location, i've done a rescan in ableton preferences and so on, but for some reason the VST3 doesn't seem to want to show up.

Anyone have ideas how I might resolve this?

Thanks and Regards

Best Answer

• Shartacus
    Shartacus Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Answer ✓
    Options

the custom folders on mine get scanned with the rescan button, however my common files did not. I had to click off on using that folder then back on in the ableton settings , then you’ll see it scanning

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,222 mod
    Options

Do you have other Native Instruments plugins that show correctly? Looks like you've already checked everything on my "check this" list!

-- Mike

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,602 admin
    Options

Hi @laraki were you able to get Guitar Rig running on Ableton in the end?

• Shartacus
    Shartacus Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Answer ✓
    Options

the custom folders on mine get scanned with the rescan button, however my common files did not. I had to click off on using that folder then back on in the ableton settings , then you’ll see it scanning