A perfectly working GR5 ist stopped intensionally by NI without any reason

Options
Alexander 137
Alexander 137 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I need to get something off my chest that has been bothering me for the past few days.

I've been using NI (Native Instruments) products for I don't even know how long, maybe 25 years? GR 2, 3, 4 – I've had the Guitar Pedal 1, 2, and 3, NI Komplete Ultimate 8,10,14 , NI Kontrol S61 – you name it. The support policy has been a disappointment at times. Discontinuing Guitar Pedal 3 without a replacement – I thought I could use it for a lifetime, and I still would today. I swallowed that one, okay, moving on.

Now, just after 6 or so years, the end has come for the S61 MK1. Wow – now you're left with an 800 Euro piece of hardware that's worthless – no one's buying it, and there's no integration for new products. Okay, so NI hardware is a dead end, no problem, I get it now.

Suddenly since some weeks I am not able to use GR5 – why? I have no idea. The latest Native Access update just kills the license, and you can't start it anymore. I even bought this product twice, but I can't use it anymore.

And now, the best part, the response from support – they take the cake: "There was no support for Apple Silicon…" Okay, but it's been running on my computer for a year now, and I have a bunch of songs and MainStage settings with GR5. Besides, GR6 doesn't look particularly good. All I want is to use my GR5 license, nothing else.

So now, every time I want to start GR5, I have to install the previous version of Native Access, which then immediately wants to install the latest version again. And you're serious about this?

I don't need support; you can keep that. But breaking a working system with an update and then pretending it's not a problem is unacceptable. I can't change anything about it, but I've seen many companies come and go over the past 30 years – most of those that went away eventually stopped caring about their customers' wishes. My wish is to have reliable products that work for longer than 6 or 7 years.