Kontakt & Factory Lib 2 > Synths

Options
Edge
Edge Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello, i am new in touch with Kontakts Factory Library 2.

I cant find an information about these 2 parameter in the libraries Synths - section :

• Spread Mix
  • A / B- panel in the lower left corner

Who can explain the function of these 2 guys ? What do i control / adjust here?

Thanks & Greets

edge

Best Answer

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,969 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ohh...you mean that?

Well, spread mix is basically something similar for the dynamics for this synth, but it is not that useful, to be honest.

A/B is the combination of 2 sounds, and when you click on the dot and move it to the bottom left angle, you are decreasing the volume of both sounds, but if you move to the top right angle, you increase the volume of both sounds.

When you experiment with these effects, you will make some catchy sounds! :)

Answers

• Milos
    Options

Try to use automation inside your DAW, and then search inside the automation for A/B and Spread Mix.

Or if you use Kontakt as a Standalone, just click on the Automation inside your Kontakt tab, then drag the 'not assigned' into the Spread Mix.

That is all I can help you with.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,276 mod
    Options

I'm confused. How does suggesting using automation tools explain the function of the two controls the OP is asking about?

-- Mike

• Milos
    Options

Either the automation for the DAW or the automation section in Kontakt.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,276 mod
    Options

But the question was "What is the function of the controls", not "how do I automate the controls"... ?

-- Mike

• Edge
    Options

Hi again ...

i am sorry but ... my question is marked as "Answerd" but it is NOT answered at all!

WHAT do are these 2 controls / knobs / sliders doing ?

Any more ideas ?

thanks & greets .. edge

• Milos
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ohh...you mean that?

Well, spread mix is basically something similar for the dynamics for this synth, but it is not that useful, to be honest.

A/B is the combination of 2 sounds, and when you click on the dot and move it to the bottom left angle, you are decreasing the volume of both sounds, but if you move to the top right angle, you increase the volume of both sounds.

When you experiment with these effects, you will make some catchy sounds! :)

• Edge
    Options

ok, i see, thanks!

A/B is a sound mix ... but the sounds are secret it seems ... interesting :)

your automation idea btw. does not work with these 2 parameter. i cant find them on the list in Kontakt and the host (ableton LIVE) does not offer to configuere these 2 (every others are possible) ... funny ... but not really important for me now.

OK ... Answered now ! :)

thanks & greets - edge

• Milos
    Options

Glad you learned!