Is it possible to use Maschine MK3 and Maschine Jam Stripe to Scratch like a DJ?

Options
13»

Comments

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 394 Pro
    Options

So you don’t want your personality to be shown public? It’s ok to be negative, opinions are opinions.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 432 Pro
    Options

Cut the guy some slack, anyone is free to try and represent him/herself online as good as possible. We hijacked the thread too much anyway, we don't need to debate that, too, if you ask me

• Schmapps1
    Schmapps1 Member Posts: 135 Pro
    Options

I mean, I feel like it was pretty easy to understand what was meant. There is a big difference between 1:) intentional, artistic use of off-beat/drunken timing, and 2:) just plain OFF and amateur mistakes where you can clearly tell that things aren't going as the performer is intending.

• Jiglo
    Jiglo Member Posts: 154 Advisor
    edited February 15
    Options

I've just realised I posted a link to the wrong video. Was a shorts on youtube and must have moved onto the RZA beat while I was copying it.

Was meant to be this one and i'd love to see him try it on a fader with his thumb creating the tension while his other hand is manipulating a battle wax scratch sample on a record.

• djadidai
    Options

lol, easy there cowboy, I just mean it’s ok to dislike stuff or not enjoy certain styles of music and be public with it. Why is that so wrong?

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 432 Pro
    Options

It's not 😘 enjoy the rest of the year, fellow human! ✌🏼

• djadidai
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hehe, happy holidays, equal life form! Enjoy the festive season!

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 620 Guru
    edited December 2023
    Options

In turntablism, there are ways to gain speed without resorting to 1:1 rapidfire technique (the key is in the interplay of fader and record hand movement, you can chop sounds with both so peeps overlay them). I think this dimension was left wanting in that Maschine clip, YMMV

• Jiglo
    Options

Yes, but I would still love to see his lightning quick digits operate a fader. It's all I was saying.

• Jiglo
    edited December 2023
    Options

Speaking of J Dilla, one of his mentors and performer with Funkadelic and Prince as well as many others has died.

Amp Fiddler also created at least 4 NI Expansions that I own.... Amplified Funk, Conant Gardens, Neo Boogie, Velvet Lounge and maybe others.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 620 Guru
    Options

Oh man, sad to hear that. "Waltz Of A Ghetto Fly" is one of my favourite records. RIP

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    edited December 2023
    Options

Amp Fiddler died? Oh gosh..

Yes, Waltz of a ghetto fly is a big album, with his sound soaked into that wah wah effect. Even only the drawing on the cover was deserving the price.

If you want to see the soul and funk drip out of his skin, this is exactly the concert at Montreux Jazz Festival where I had the pleasure to meet him, back in the days when artists wrote good albums but then believed their real dimension was in live shows

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,181 Guru
    Options

Damn, this is the first I heard. Gonna go play "I Believe In You" right now. Love that tune.

• jcp_13
    jcp_13 Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Hey guys, I love the discussions. I found a plugin that integrates with the Maschine and is a superior replacement for the Perform XF Scratcher. It is still in beta but looks very promising. I am talking to the developer and hope to have some info for you all very soon, so stay tuned! 😀