which machine is powerful with pc ?

Options
mikeekr
mikeekr Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

When the Machine mk3plus is connected to a computer, does it rely solely on its own processor's performance, or does it utilize computer resources, or maybe both? Also, which of them is capable of collaborating with a computer on more intricate projects machine mk3 or mk3plus?

I didn't find this information anywhere)

(Mac m1full 16gbram)

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,795 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

More or less yes..... I use only Maschine SW, my feeling is that DAWs handle CPU better. Maschine SW, uses CPU to 50% max. At least on Win, I do not know about Mac.

But you may combine it. Use NI plugins in DAW and use Maschine SW as plugin in DAW. And I guess, you may use M+/Mk3 for plugins in DAW using Komplete Kontrol plugin. You do not need to use controllers just in Maschine SW.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Options

When M+ connected to computer, audio-computations are made in computer. Of course some computing is done also in M+, keystrokes, pads, displays, USB, audiointerface.....

I do not know for sure, but if connected to computer mk3 and M+ give more or less the same experience. It seems to me that people say M+ has better physical build than Mk3.

Generally, when connected to computer M+ becomes MK3.

• mikeekr
    Options

You can also say, if I run it through a computer and manage everything from Machine, will it have the same performance as if I opened it in logic pro-ni instruments without machine, or will it have less performance?

number of tracks, latency end another things (i use appollo as audio interface)

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    Options

The Maschine MK3 is simply a controller ie a hardware interface designed for the Maschine software. However it can be used as a generic MIDI controller in other programs.

The Maschine+ is a standalone device and does not require a computer to connect to. Because it's processing power is limited, it can not do everything the Maschine software can. The Maschine+ is also capable of acting as a controller when connected to a computer as well, in which case there would be no difference between it and the MK3.

• mikeekr
    Options

thank you very much for your answer - that is, I understood correctly if your computer without a machine opens 10 kontact plugins(for example), then in machine software with any machine mk3 or plus it will open 10 kontakt too?

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓
    Options

More or less yes..... I use only Maschine SW, my feeling is that DAWs handle CPU better. Maschine SW, uses CPU to 50% max. At least on Win, I do not know about Mac.

But you may combine it. Use NI plugins in DAW and use Maschine SW as plugin in DAW. And I guess, you may use M+/Mk3 for plugins in DAW using Komplete Kontrol plugin. You do not need to use controllers just in Maschine SW.