Does NI offer a 'cleanup tool'? ie a Registry cleaner for Windows and complete uninstaller

Options
nobadmojo
nobadmojo Member Posts: 100 Helper

Seems to me the user base would benefit from something like this given all the software problems NI is having these days. I think it is unfortunate we sometimes can not use the most current version of NI software or need 2 versions of the same piece of software like Kontakt installed...or there is kludge remaining in Native Access when 'upgrading'. This can create chaos and a mess in the Windows registry. I think there are files all over the place that remain to muck things up when we have to mess around with forcing software to work by uninstalling and reinstalling in odd sorts of ways. I dont know how things are with Apple stuff. I dont know that this is the ultimate solution to these problems but think it would help

Answers

• Michael Leary
    Michael Leary Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options

It does not work currently. Followed instructions.

Opened a ticket 6 titles fail to Download again - after failing update.

• Michael Leary
    Options

Successfully ran tool for the six titles.

Note: all were installed previously and 1 ran 6 were unable to run. Running a new session with NA below on next day.

Sequence:

Opened NA and went to Library to reinstall starting with the first one.

Analog Dreams

Result: Download Failed immediately. Shows Install in Library.

Next noticed a title available.

Arcade Attic (installs from my purchased Native hard drive)

Result: INSTALLED

Next:

Butch Vig Drums

"Calculating Time remaining" in queue.

Result: Nothing in Downloads folder. After 10 minutes Nothing. Left it in queue for error later.

Next:

Ethereal Earth

Result: Download Failed immediately. Shows Queued in Library.

Next:

Guitar Rig 7 LE

Result: Shows Queued in Downloads. Nothing in Downloads folder until Play button selected. Then "Could not resume download. 2 files in Download directory. Shows Queued in Library.

Next:

Noticed Many many additional titles available not shown yesterday. Shown as Install in library.

Next:

Went back to yesterday group.

Komplete Kontrol

Result: Shows Install in Library. NOW (installs from my purchased Native hard drive)

INSTALLED

Kontakt 7 Player

Result: Result: Shows Queued in Downloads. Nothing in Downloads folder until Play button selected.

Shows "Calculating Time remaining" in queue. Files in Download directory.

I have many title now that were not ever shown as available in the Library, so I will be busy. Support has not replied yet.

Good luck peoples!

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,059 mod
    Options

Quote : "I have many title now that were not ever shown as available in the Library, so I will be busy. Support has not replied yet."

You fail to give any real information about your software configuration (e.g. OS version , version of Native Access), the answer that Sunborn gave were with respect to install problems with apps , like e.g. Native Access .

First and foremost then be sure that you are using newest version of Native Access for your OS ! Clean the download folder (see File Management in Native Access settings). Then try resetting the Native Access XML file , look at section 8 here : My Product is Missing in Native Access , then run Native Access as an Adminand try to see if you can download your stuff now..

• Michael Leary
    Options

Too many errors. All the latest Native utility software (including iZotope now) gets updated weekly AFTER the Studio closes. When open, and creating, we sometimes just shut off the internet connection so intrusive updates are silenced from Native. This seems to be an issue now with Native Instruments iZotope app running in tray and trying desperately to fail its logon).

Each month a new set of recurring or similar issues like this one - especially when updating NA as prompted.

So we have to spend the weekend getting ready for the week.

This is just one of the many recurring random issues for 3 years. Almost all of the titles just went dark (uninstalled state) after updating NA to an update. That update routinely errors at the end suggesting a reboot, which then happens.

4 Laptops on this account have exhibited this issue at random times since 2020.

iZotope (ALL) no longer can function to update since it was acquired and reset password in the app never works. I cancelled my subscription and only have the purchased titles. I am unsure if the subscription even works any longer. Cannot even log on to the account. Support has to create a password. I had to have them delete the CC and I doubt a refund will happen. Security? Support is usually the same guy sending the same KB articles with no real solutions. Maybe he's angry with me now.

The total NA titles I own today are 238+ titles. Other NA vendors have problems as well and I have a dense collection of work-arounds to get NA to keep some vendor titles up to date. I am now seeing Output software showing up in NA and its confusing since Output has their own portal app for updates and sn's.

I still have around 133 to finish installing (AGAIN) after the whole lot started with 7 to UPDATE. Running the tool seems to have reset what is currently in CONTENT and no longer shows installed.

And, support still has not sent a return email for this latest ticket I created. They gave up on the iZotope problem.

The Native hardware I own so far is solid. If that division were to be in charge it might be a different world.

Consistent quality. Reliable.

I always buy from Sweetwater or GC and usually use there GREAT PHONE SUPPORT to get a real person to step in with me. Helpful until they try to get support themselves and it just falls off. Support does not care about your problem. This forum has more than enough issues and user comments and sometimes you find a nugget of gold.

As an IT admin and tech company owner I no longer can bash Microsoft after 40 years.

Rant over.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,059 mod
    Options

Quote (Ref. post just above here) : "And, support still has not sent a return email for this latest ticket I created. They gave up on the iZotope problem."

@Jeremy_NI , sorry but this appear to be one for your attentive touch ! Please also refer to the whole (IMO non) rant above !

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,856 mod
    Options

@Michael Leary Do you have a request number I could check? I didn't find any recent support request from you. What typeform did you use in this section? https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us

• Michael Leary
    Options

ticket (#4234203) followed suggestions but not helpful.

Now failing updates similarly on a second laptops.

The one I posted about has a few hundred left that vanished.

Studio closed until the issue resolves.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,856 mod
    Options

@Michael Leary I found it indeed, thanks, I see that my colleagues are working on it. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.